No NG's running in Jamaica

Forest Glen

I'm currently posting from the Queens Central Library. I took the Q85. It was a RTS. I didn't see any NG's on the Jamaica routes. They were safely bundled up at the Jamaica Depot. Even at the 165 street terminal the N6 was a Orion V CNG. I guess those lemons couldn't handle the elements.

The Q85 is mostly RTSs from what I've seen. You want to see NGs you'll have to look at the Q17, they are all over that route!

I think it depends on what time if day it is, in the morning it's about 50% of each, noon is mostly RTS, evening is mostly NG, etc. But that's just my experience (I take the Q85 4 times a day).

I didn't even notice that until Forest Glen said something, I've been hearing & seeing nothing but RTSs. Luckily it's a Sunday and Jamaica is still 75% RTS at the moment. I wanted to see how the NGs faired in the snow but oh well lol, I still love em lol.

Did they put chains on the bus's tires? Could they put them on the low floors? I didn't go outside today so idk.

I think it depends on what time if day it is, in the morning it's about 50% of each, noon is mostly RTS, evening is mostly NG, etc. But that's just my experience (I take the Q85 4 times a day).

I didn't even notice that until Forest Glen said something, I've been hearing & seeing nothing but RTSs. Luckily it's a Sunday and Jamaica is still 75% RTS at the moment. I wanted to see how the NGs faired in the snow but oh well lol, I still love em lol.

Did they put chains on the bus's tires? Could they put them on the low floors? I didn't go outside today so idk.

Yeah, noon is when I go all the way to Springfield Gardens to pick up my brother from school. Usually a plethora of RTSs on the Q85...

I took the title to mean, out of Jamaica depot...

anyway, I haven't seen any of the NG's on the Merrick blvd routes as of yet...

However, so far I've seen one along Utopia Pkwy (the Q30), and 3 of them working

You want to see NGs you'll have to look at the Q17, they are all over that route!

.....this route

...Did they put chains on the bus's tires? Could they put them on the low floors? I didn't go outside today so idk.

They were out in Brooklyn (Flatbush) like nothhing happened at all and when I took my girlfriend out to Rockerfeller Center earlier Manhattanville's & Quill's NGs were doing fine.

And to answer your question, they can put the chains on any type of bus on only the real wheels. But on artics, its sometimes on the center set of wheels as well (depends on the weather) and on MCIs, its only on the first set in the back 2 axles (not the turnable rear axle but the one in front of it.)

Archived