2008 brings familiar faces to the movies

Trainspotter

2008 brings familiar faces to the movies

John Rambo, Batman, the Hulk, Indiana Jones, Hellboy, the Mummy, James Bond, Captain Kirk, Harry Potter, and Harold and Kumar. ... Mama Mia! What a year we have ahead in movies. There will even be a morning-after visit to "Sex and the City."

Yes, there will be a lot of familiar names on the marquees - enough superheroes to man the ports for Homeland Security, enough villains to keep them busy and enough variety to make everyone happy. It's way too soon to know which movies will be in the hunt for Oscars this time next year, but we can predict which ones are going to sell the most popcorn. Mark your calendars!

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - December 30, 2007

Batman and Harold & Kumar for sure. I can't wait to see The Dark Knight. When I went to see 'I Am Legend' they showed the preview for Batman and it looks like its going to be good. I just hope Heath Ledger does a good job as The Joker.

Ha! I went to see "I am Legend" too when I first saw the preview to "The Dark Knight!"

But ya, I can't judge Heath Ledger by how good he will be in the movie during the preview.

Ha! I went to see "I am Legend" too when I first saw the preview to "The Dark Knight!"

But ya, I can't judge Heath Ledger by how good he will be in the movie during the preview.

I just saw I am legend and saw the same preview :D It looks great, it seems Ledger is going to do a good job and thank god they god rid of Katie Holmes. I'm looking forward to Harold and Kumar, Ironman, the Hulk.

In all honesty, there's not a single one of those characters that I'm looking forward to seeing. Lately, I've been sort of 'turned off' from the movies.

I agree. Besides isn't Sly Stallone 65 or 70. Why redo Rambo with a geriatric. He runs and breaks his hip, or picks up a huge gun and cries aloud oh my jointritis, as he presses the trigger, and feel the rubbing of bone on bone in his withered fingers.

I will say granny is still in better shape than most younger men, though.

Archived