Trackmans widow accuses MTA of withholding huge donation to TWU charity

SpikeMauler

A trackman's widow has accused the MTA of being heartless for blocking a donation to a charity benefiting the widows and orphans of workers who died on the job.

"Perhaps you would like to explain why it's a good idea to hold back money that should be helping families like mine," Bernadette Boggs - whose husband, Danny, was fatally struck by a subway while working in 2007 - said at a recent MTA board meeting.

The donation in question was the $900-an-hour earnings of the arbitrator who helped hammer out the controversial contract between the MTA and transit workers.

In an apparently verbal agreement with former MTA CEO Eliot Sander and Transport Workers Union Local 100, arbitrator John Zuccotti requested that his hefty salary go to the union's Widows and Orphans Fund.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/12/22/2009-12-22_trackmans_widow_accuses_mta_of_withholding_funds.html#ixzz0aWoT6tPz

post-924-133288581519_thumb.jpg

post-924-133288581519_thumb.jpg

I'm glad someone stood up to the MTA and asked about this. It's a disgrace that the MTA and it's new head Jay Walder would withhold monies donated to a "Widows" and "Orphans" fund. Lower than low is all I can say. Now you see the mentality we deal with everyday at NYCT. As of now NYCT is conspicuously silent on this issue. Karma's a bi*ch Mr.Walder.

Here's a link to Mrs Boggs addressing the board

http://www.twulocal100.org/node/3492

holy... Kinda makes a guy want to go to law school.

And things like that are why America is being driven to bankruptcy bit by bit by lawyers...and why the legal practice is MORALLY bankrupt.

As for Walder, it's too bad, I can't say I'm surprised. What do you expect when you put a finance guy (Read: Bean counter) in charge of a transportation agency?

Archived