My HO Scale Collection...

Myke2010

DSC00663.jpg

Okay this is somewhere in New York off the Hudson line i'm assuming. The barely visibile RDC units which are parked on track 3 is the shuttle train that operates between New York & Connecticut. This is the end of the line for third rail trains. The two trains on track 1 (to your far left) & 2 (in the middle) operate will head southbound for Grand Central Station. The train on track 2 is the express train. Amtrak trains stop here as well. The long distance Amtrak trains normally stop on track 3 where the RDC's are parked.

Greyhound, Megabus, Trailways & New York's MTA buses stop here as well. This is a major stop on this line which roughly see's about 35,000 passengers on a weekly basis.

Here is a link to more photos of my Amtrak, Metro-North, NJT and bus lines enjoy..

:)

http://s226.photobucket.com/home/Retarded_Myke/index

DSCF0307.jpg

This is my version of Amtrak's Sunnyside Yard. I know what some of you are thinking "why is he laying these darn trains on carpet." Honestly my actual Engines that run i only put them down for a good 15 mintues just for good photo ops & then they go right back into their original boxes they came in. I also run the engines every 6 months with my easy track to make sure they still run smoothly. Anyways this is not as big as Sunnyside Yard and it's missing NJT cars (which i have to by the way) but there wasn't any more room or track @ that time when i took these pics.

AmtrakCoachYard.jpg

YardLeadtoMetroliners.jpg

1ofAmtrakRepairShops.jpg

NJTCarswaitingtobepickedup.jpg

These photos were taken with my old cell phone @ back in 2007 since the screen on my digital camera cracked. This is down in Del where repairs are made to the electric cars mostly such as the AEM-7's, HHP-8's, E60's, Metroliners and some Amfleet coaches. On my railroad the Metroliners still operate along with some of the cab conversions as well... :cool:

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

You can either hop on the bus or take a cab. The cab ride is faster, but it cost way more than the bus. So what if the cab only takes 15 mins and the bus an hour, we've got time to kill.

DSCF0118.jpg

My small little bus fleet. I'm still working on more Greyhound, NJT & New York MTA buses..

DSC00488.jpg

This is the Amtrak Horizon fleet. These trains mainly operate in the midwest region, however they turn up from time to time in the northeast. This set operates along the Empire Corridor from New York Penn Station to Albany NY.It's night time and this train prepares depart track 2 for Penn Station, this shot was taken from the parking lot.

DSC00429.jpg

This is the long distance train that on track 2 that arrives 15 mins later. This train is coming from Chicago with it's final stop being New York Penn Station. Here is a shot of the food service car & the sleeper car which was much needed since this car was 2 hours behind schedule.

DSC00574.jpg

This is a long distance train coming from Canada with the final stop being New York Penn Station. This train arrives tens minutes later on track two, however this train is only two minutes late.

Nice pixs But instead of making more post, just Edit out the Original post and update it..

i kept screwing up, when i was trying to tell my stories for each of the photos, that's why i just ended up seperating them all.... lol

Thank you for the compliments guys, i'll work on posting more pics & adding more to the photobucket account when i get the chance..

Awesome collections, ugh I only have one lonely Amtrak Nor'Easter and few outdated items, :).
t

i started off that way as well too, but with eBay, train shows, MB Klein, Walther's sales & Trainworld my collection has grown over the past 10 years. I just happened to have gotten lucky with a lot of my items..

Now i have to work on my structures and a home so that i can one day run a layout or @ least keep my models down instead of pulling them up once i am finished.. Don't worry buddy we will get there one step @ a time... :cool:

• 6 months later...
i added some more Metro-North pics & i will follow up with some Amtrak hopefully later on this week.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/Retarded_Myke/Metro-North%20Commuter%20Railroad%20Ho%20Scale/?action=postupload

omg :eek: where did you get those Metro North i want that Genisis and the Push-Pull Commuter coaches if u can plz tell me where oh and the buses

omg :eek: where did you get those Metro North i want that Genisis and the Push-Pull Commuter coaches if u can plz tell me where oh and the buses

Genis / Ebay (2003-2004) era

Metro-North/ Mb Klien, Ebay, Walthers (1998-2005)

Buses/ eBay (2004-2006)

Most of my collection i have is mostly from eBay. A LOT of patience it takes catching the right bids @ the right time. However back then more trains were available then they are today. Also train shows tend to have them, however they can be a bit costly now-a-days because they are harder to find.

You can also try Island Model Works but you have to do all the decals yourself & it cost a lot more.

When i REALLY want someone i search high & low... Thanks to the help of the internet i have most of the stuff i want..

I always admire your collection Myke! Its hot!:tup::tup::tup::tup: What kind of keywords do you use on ebay for the trains and buses??

Thanks Gregory

I use words on ebay such as

MTA HO SCALE

METRO-NORTH HO SCALE

LIRR HO SCALE

NJT HO SCALE

NEW JERSEY TRANSIT HO SCALE

METROLINER HO SCALE

SEPTA HO SCALE

AMTRAK HO SCALE

For the buses i use

Road Champs Buses

Buses 1:87 Scale

Buses Ho Scale

Greyhound Bus 1:87 Scale

Diecast Buses

MTA Buses

For the trolleys

LRV HO SCALE

PCC HO SCALE

i normally add a few to watch items as well, because then even if you do miss out on the item you wanted they some times post things that are just like the item you were watching.

Sorry for all the typo's, i should've proof read before i posted yesterday...

• 5 months later...

Real nice collection I also modeled amtrak HO before I got into the O scale subway stuff it was hard to part w/ the HO equipment I had.I had 13 diff amtrak engines never made it to an acelea set started w/ the O scale before it was out I also see you have a bachmann metroliner set it was my 1st amtrak HO set I bought it in 1984 and it was my fav I paid $65 for it and sold it in 2000 for $200 it is a rare find it worked real well I do miss it. I also had the NJ Transit horizon commuter coaches and a few of the NJ D.O.T cars or aka erie cars but none in amtrak those were mostly the bachmann amfleet coach cars also had the walthers amfleet cars in all had about 75 pass cars I also had a set of the amtrak double decker cars by ONCOR but there was no weight to them and they kept tipping over on curves so they rarely got used but they did have nice detail. good luck w/ your fleet

• 2 weeks later...
Real nice collection I also modeled amtrak HO before I got into the O scale subway stuff it was hard to part w/ the HO equipment I had.I had 13 diff amtrak engines never made it to an acelea set started w/ the O scale before it was out I also see you have a bachmann metroliner set it was my 1st amtrak HO set I bought it in 1984 and it was my fav I paid $65 for it and sold it in 2000 for $200 it is a rare find it worked real well I do miss it. I also had the NJ Transit horizon commuter coaches and a few of the NJ D.O.T cars or aka erie cars but none in amtrak those were mostly the bachmann amfleet coach cars also had the walthers amfleet cars in all had about 75 pass cars I also had a set of the amtrak double decker cars by ONCOR but there was no weight to them and they kept tipping over on curves so they rarely got used but they did have nice detail. good luck w/ your fleet

Oh wow your collections sounds like mines... lol i have not counted my collection in a while. Times have been hard so i haven't been purchased anything in almost a year. My main focus in 2011 is to buy more structures. I want to go for a city layout. I'm in a VERY CRAMPED apartment so not much to work with in regards to how i set things up.. I still like to pull my trains out from time to time and set them up. Having 3 bad cats confines me to limited spaces around my apartment...

PS, what did you do with all those wonderful Ho Scale cars anyway... lol

Archived