#5400 series exchange over #1000

LandoftheLost

Gun Hill Depot just gave up 10 ( #5400 - #5409 D60HF new flyer

so over they had just #1000 - #1013 as of right now.

and my theory is this is Gun Hill Depot short of new flyer artic?

#5400 - #5409 are in bad condition. by saying you usualyy see

#5400 - #5409 get vandalize and scrtahfatti back of the bus

see in bronx. there no way that #5400 - #5409 will run in good

condition in manhattan.

The exchange between 100 street and Gunhill is pointless. Gunhill is taking buses that have to be replaced soon under the MTA's replacement cycle and the 5400's now in Manhattan won't need to be replaced until 2012. Bad enough the Nova's coming for Gunhill will only be used on Bx12 +Select Bus Service so really GunHill is getting a bad deal.

The exchange between 100 street and Gunhill is pointless. Gunhill is taking buses that have to be replaced soon under the MTA's replacement cycle and the 5400's now in Manhattan won't need to be replaced until 2012. Bad enough the Nova's coming for Gunhill will only be used on Bx12 +Select Bus Service so really GunHill is getting a bad deal.

Have you even thought about this more thoroughly? I shouldnt be asking cause I know you havent.

The transfer is all about fleet age balance, and which the 1000 are being swapped for the 5400s. Its also because the LFSAs will also be kicking them off, probably to MTA Bus.

The 1000's are the oldest Artics in the system right now. They're being sent to Gun Hill and 126th St. (from 100th and MJQ) so that when the Novas come in then they can be either retired 1 for 1 or sent off to (MTA) Bus.

Well put. Fortunately, there's not enough LFS Artics to retire all the 1000 series.

The 1000's are the oldest Artics in the system right now. They're being sent to Gun Hill and 126th St. (from 100th and MJQ) so that when the Novas come in then they can be either retired 1 for 1 or sent off to (MTA) Bus.

Well put. Fortunately, there's not enough LFS Artics to retire all the 1000 series.

The Nova LFSA order is not suppose to be a replacement order at all.

Have you even thought about this more thoroughly? I shouldnt be asking cause I know you havent.

The transfer is all about fleet age balance, and which the 1000 are being swapped for the 5400s. Its also because the LFSAs will also be kicking them off, probably to MTA Bus.

The LFSA's are not replacing the 1000 series articulateds. The LFSAs are going to run on Bx12 +SBS and none of the '97 artics are running on Bx12 +SBS. The whole fleet for SBS is 5734-5766 and those are 2003 artics. What's really happening is 5734-5766 is what's going to replace the 1000's at Gunhill and if Gunhill sends those off to another depot we're screwed with a bunch of old buses. The '99 D60HF and Orion V are old enough for Gunhill, I did not see our fleet regressing like this.:tdown:

Archived