Blackberry outage: Service down for second time in one week

Harry

A Blackberry blackout - the second in less than a week - had users of the popular phone and texting service fuming Tuesday night.

A technical glitch apparently caused a spotty nationwide outage of Internet service on the devices, said Jamie Ernst, spokeswoman for Research in Motion Ltd., maker of the smart phones.

"Technical teams are actively working to resolve the issue for those impacted," Ernst said, adding he did not know how long it will take to repair the problem.

BlackBerry users also were left without the ability to e-mail or surf the Web last Thursday.

Story: http://www.nydailynews.com/tech_guide/2009/12/22/2009-12-22_werent_blackberry_useful.html#ixzz0aYegMMNU

post-1-133288581523_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581523_thumb.jpg

This is why I never want to touch a CrackBerry

dang CrackBerries, they ain't good for you ;)

Not all BlackBerrys suffer the same signal coverage inconvenience. It almost always depends on your service provider.

Not all BlackBerrys suffer the same signal coverage inconvenience. It almost always depends on your service provider.

but they're still bad phones (to me)

1) too small

2) too slow (I'm an impatient person ;) )

but they're still bad phones (to me)

1) too small

2) too slow (I'm an impatient person ;) )

Too small? They are a perfect size for mans palm... Unless you have Hulk hands.:eek: Also all phones can be slow if you run too many apps at the same time.

Is that JH typing on your account?:P

Nope those phones are just POS

[unlysds I wanmt ttyo stsart typign like this] I will take a regular phone with T9 any day of the week. Whackberries are overrated :mad:

And YES I've tried 'em, so I know of what I speak :P

Archived