Railfan Trip 1/2/2010 on the thread NYC Subway trip 1/9/2010

Here's a subway railfanning trip I'm planning and no its not a scavenger hunt.

We meet up at W 145th Street First car of the Downtown Lower Level (D) Train platform.

Then we take the (D) To W 59th Street for an (A) Local train at 9:50 AM.

Then we ride the (A) To W 14th Street for an (L) Train.

We ride the (L) To Union Square for an (Q) Train.

We ride the (Q) To Coney Island with photo op at Avenue J, Avenue M, Sheapshead Bay

Then we have lunch at Subways.

We take the (F) To 4th Avenue-9th Street with photo op at Ditmas Avenue, Bay Parkway.

Then we ride the (R) To Pacific Street for an (5) Train. We ride the (5) To Brooklyn Bridge for the (6) Local.

Ride the (6) to 42nd Street Grand Central for the (S).

Ride the (S) to Times Square for the (1) And ride the (1) To W 125th Street with op at W 103rd Street and W 116th Street. We end our trip there.

Now if anyone's interested reply in thread.

No thanks..

Im sorry to tell you this, but these railfan trips gets boring, not just you.. Its always South Manhattan, Brooklyn(Parts) and Queens..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:)(D)..

SIRTOA also in SI..

Idk why are most people not into these places.. Scared? Mom said no? Or something.... Bronx is where the killers are at, SI is all but homes and trees. WRONG, because all of NYC and this worlxs is made up of this.. Just people putting stories up your heads..

I'm not here to poke at anyone not even Daniel, but doing nothing but the same lines gets boring. I myself do go out to places too, Kings/Queens and so on..

Even Westchesters Metro North gets nothing.. 125th is like the only hot spot for everyone.. LIRR like 100x popular then MNR or Amtrak..

Buses.. I don't see any Bronx/SI.. I try to do the Bronx as much as I can, and even if people from Non-Bronx places don't comment , I don't care, because I love my boro and want to show respect to it. Of course not only Bronx, but other Places to.. I'm more of a MaBSTOA guys of course..

Anyways think about expanding people... Its your choice, But i'm giving my words here

Enjoy the Holidays Btw ;)!

Here's a subway railfanning trip I'm planning and no its not a scavenger hunt.

We meet up at W 145th Street First car of the Downtown Lower Level (D) Train platform.

Then we take the (D) To W 59th Street for an (A) Local train at 9:50 AM.

Then we ride the (A) To W 14th Street for an (L) Train.

We ride the (L) To Union Square for an (Q) Train.

We ride the (Q) To Coney Island with photo op at Avenue J, Avenue M, Sheapshead Bay

Then we have lunch at Subways.

We take the (F) To 4th Avenue-9th Street with photo op at Ditmas Avenue, Bay Parkway.

Then we ride the (R) To Pacific Street for an (5) Train. We ride the (5) To Brooklyn Bridge for the (6) Local.

Ride the (6) to 42nd Street Grand Central for the (S).

Ride the (S) to Times Square for the (1) And ride the (1) To W 125th Street with op at W 103rd Street and W 116th Street. We end our trip there.

Now if anyone's interested reply in thread.

No thanks..

Im sorry to tell you this, but these railfan trips gets boring, not just you.. Its always South Manhattan, Brooklyn(Parts) and Queens..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:)(D)..

SIRTOA also in SI..

Idk why are most people not into these places.. Scared? Mom said no? Or something.... Bronx is where the killers are at, SI is all but homes and trees. WRONG, because all of NYC and this worlxs is made up of this.. Just people putting stories up your heads..

I'm not here to poke at anyone not even Daniel, but doing nothing but the same lines gets boring. I myself do go out to places too, Kings/Queens and so on..

Even Westchesters Metro North gets nothing.. 125th is like the only hot spot for everyone.. LIRR like 100x popular then MNR or Amtrak..

Buses.. I don't see any Bronx/SI.. I try to do the Bronx as much as I can, and even if people from Non-Bronx places don't comment , I don't care, because I love my boro and want to show respect to it. Of course not only Bronx, but other Places to.. I'm more of a MaBSTOA guys of course..

Anyways think about expanding people... Its your choice, But i'm giving my words here

I am looking to busfanning the Bronx in the near future, there are a LOT of buses I am seeking to record. Orion Vs have become a rarity with the NGs flooding into Casey Stengel...

No thanks..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:((D)..

SIRTOA also in SI..

Enjoy the Holidays Btw :)!

Why not create your own railfan trip and cover those areas then? Seems a bit more productive than complaining about what other people fail to do. Everybody has their preferred areas. That's just how it is.

:confused::confused:

Not exactly into creating fan groups.. If its a "group" fan it would be with a friend or something or even alone.. So far i no longer care anyways.. I just left it and done..

Create your own group.. But realize there is more to just 1 system.. Thats why I dont like NYCT as much as its so small.. Of course with a big population of usage..

Plus I also say all this because most people may just think that the "hood" and "far" island is like so not apart of New York City..

Why not create your own railfan trip and cover those areas then? Seems a bit more productive than complaining about what other people fail to do. Everybody has their preferred areas. That's just how it is.

:confused::confused:

Not exactly into creating fan groups.. If its a "group" fan it would be with a friend or something or even alone.. So far i no longer care anyways.. I just left it and done..

Create your own group.. But realize there is more to just 1 system.. Thats why I dont like NYCT as much as its so small.. Of course with a big population of usage..

Plus I also say all this because most people may just think that the "hood" and "far" island is like so not apart of New York City..

NYCT is by no means small lol...if it takes more than a full day to ride the whole thing...it aint small..whereas other systems like path you can ride the whole system in like 45 minutes...

I show the Bronx love...I love my borough but it gets boring after a while and sometimes I wanna break out and go somewhere else.

fanning with a group is epic fun...your missing out...nuff said

No thanks..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:((D)..

Enjoy the Holidays Btw :)!

buddy,i go all over the subway, from the tip of the bronx all the way down to coney island, and i still do it,even if im far away from home

buddy,i go all over the subway, from the tip of the bronx all the way down to coney island, and i still do it,even if im far away from home

Exactly...just because you don't see pics of a particular line doesn't mean it doesn't get love...mark if you don't see anyone giving it love...get outta your chair and go out and change that

Exactly...just because you don't see pics of a particular line doesn't mean it doesn't get love...mark if you don't see anyone giving it love...get outta your chair and go out and change that

Ill give you guys!:tup::tup::)

Meh.. Its ok anyways.. Hey even tho people dont go to some spots around the city, someone out there will cover it.. And if no one does, then there will be someone, someday!

Im glade i cover up manhattan areas and bronx where it is very unfanned.. Of course, I love to go all over places not just the same old things.

Giving yall a thx!

Thats why I dont like NYCT as much as its so small..

FALSE

No thanks..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:P(D)..

SIRTOA also in SI..

Enjoy the Holidays Btw B)!

IAWTP. I try to cover underfanned areas too (haven't been able to much recently because I'm strapped for time) but it does get boring seeing pictures of the same 3 lines over and over again.

FALSE

Well i dont mean small small. Amtrak is even huge lol. But from here it is big with huge usage.

And yeah i agree on that. Its like Brigiton Beach line.. Ive seen so many recent shots of it under 2 weeks and nothing special anymore..

Far Rockaway... I haven't seen, Livonia another.. And it goes on..

Im glade i cover up manhattan areas and bronx where it is very unfanned.. Of course, I love to go all over places not just the same old things.

I've been trying to get people to go to the Northern Bronx and Staten Is., no go tho ;)

I may go

fine here's the new plan.

We meet up at Tremont Avenue (D)

We ride the (D) To W 59th Street-Columbus Circle for the (A).

Then we continue the same route thats on my first post except we will end at Dyckman Street.

Good luck trying to get people to meet you there....

I've been trying to get people to go to the Northern Bronx and Staten Is., no go tho ;)

I may go

Well duh... You put up a photo on google that shows Bronx and SI Pirates.. Now we gotta go hunting for gold!!!B):P Plus city island is now TREASURE ISLAND lol

But yeah.. People need to expand. These trips are getting old.. Only for the peeps who have done it a lot..

Btw u live in "da" bx lol. What do you mean you will go lol Wheres GO?? B)

Good luck trying to get people to meet you there....

True that for people who dont live in Northern Manhattan and Bronx!

Also how can you end at Dyckman if there is 2 Dyckman stations.... (1)(A)!

Well duh... You put up a photo on google that shows Bronx and SI Pirates.. Now we gotta go hunting for gold!!!:P:P Plus city island is now TREASURE ISLAND lol

But yeah.. People need to expand. These trips are getting old.. Only for the peeps who have done it a lot..

Btw u live in "da" bx lol. What do you mean you will go lol Wheres GO?? :P

1) on the trip foo :P

2) Yes, the trips are getting old. It's always Flushing - Queens Blvd - Manhattan.

3)"City Island - We go digging for treasure. We may even find crabs. I'm not talking about the sea critters either!" :P

I have a new plan, that brings part of Daniel's Trip Plan and your suggestions, Daniel you are welcomed on this trip I am planning (same day):

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=201563#post201563

I was now going to move my trip to 1/2/2010 with a totally new plan

Can anyone help plan this trip via the (A)(D)(Q)(R)(1)(2)(5)(S) (42nd Street Shuttle) lines. I wanna meet at 36th Street (D)(M)(N)(R) Station first car and start on the (D) to Coney Island. Can anyone tell me what to do after using those specific routes I said. I want the trip to last 4 hr 30 min

No thanks..

No one ever shows respect to the Bronx and Staten Island.. Not even Northern Manhattan. Please do not tell me 225th on the (1) is something or Whitlock (6) or 161st on the (4)... Same old places.. No one ever gets deep on the (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)... White Plains Road, Dyre, Pelham, Van Cortland... Even Concourse (:P(D)..

SIRTOA also in SI..

Whoa, chill out dude, there's a select few that shows S.I some respect *raises hand*

Archived