The MTA's obsession

NX Express

Posted on:12/23/2009 8:29:29 PM

Due to ongoing signal problems at the World Trade Center Station:

World Trade Center-bound (E) trains are running on the (V) line from the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station to the 2nd Avenue-Lower East Side Station.

(V) train service has been suspended the entire line.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take (F) or (R) train making nearby station stops.

The (MTA) really hates the (V), doesn't it.

Why run 2 53rd Street lines at the same time down the same route? That is congestion and it's rush hour.

The (:P, (V), and (W) lines are not full time routes and they can be suspended to provide for an emergency G.O.

If you want QB Local service, get off at Queens Plaza and jump on the (R). Simple as that.

It appears that the (V) has been kicked out of 2nd Ave again, this time for the (E). That's really the only service adjustment possible with 8th Ave service screwed up. As far as the (MTA) hating the (V), not by a long shot. In the IND the (G) holds that title, followed closely by the (C).

Why run 2 53rd Street lines at the same time down the same route? That is congestion and it's rush hour.

World Trade Center-bound (E) trains are running on the (V) line from the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station to the 2nd Avenue-Lower East Side Station.

Not really the same route.

Actually Sea Beach Vinny was right. I was there coincendentally and the (V) was sent to Kings Hwy via Culver express, and for some reason, the (F) went via Crosstown...I have pics of it in another thread.

Ok, but how many (V) trains were sent to Brooklyn? It is very possible that 1 or 2 were, but the MTA did say that service was suspended.

Ok, but how many (V) trains were sent to Brooklyn? It is very possible that 1 or 2 were, but the MTA did say that service was suspended.

Nope it was like 5-6 on them...well basically every SB (V) that was north of West 4 St went to Kings Hwy. If it was going NB before the incident, it went to 71 Av then to the yard.

It appears that the (V) has been kicked out of 2nd Ave again, this time for the (E). That's really the only service adjustment possible with 8th Ave service screwed up. As far as the (MTA) hating the (V), not by a long shot. In the IND the (G) holds that title, followed closely by the (C).

I think the mta dosent like the (G) only between Forest hills and Court square. Otherwise I would say the mta hates the (W) and (V) more than the (G).

Nothing went back Light and they all went back in service towards Manhattan i counted @ least 5 trains..

Oh ok, I was wrong then. Now what also happened that (F)s went over the (G)? I have not needed to be on the train in about 3 days now so I have no idea whats going on.

Oh ok, I was wrong then. Now what also happened that (F)s went over the (G)? I have not needed to be on the train in about 3 days now so I have no idea whats going on.

No (F)ox trains went to the well also some went down the West End Line though ...

(F)ox crews wasnt too happy about those (V)ictors plugging the road thats for sure!

No (F)ox trains went to the well also some went down the West End Line though ...

(F)ox crews wasnt too happy about those (V)ictors plugging the road thats for sure!

Yea, I'd be pissed to if the road went to hell even more so if I was almost done for the day.

Yea, I'd be pissed to if the road went to hell even more so if I was almost done for the day.

When i started in 2001 in the A Div the road going to hell was an everyday thing on the (1) and (2) trains...

Scrapping the wall from VC to ZooLots or White Plains to the Flat..

When i started in 2001 in the A Div the road going to hell was an everyday thing on the (1) and (2) trains...

Scrapping the wall from VC to ZooLots or White Plains to the Flat..

Now that sounds like hell, I would have jumped to the B Div. as soon as I could.

Now that sounds like hell, I would have jumped to the B Div. as soon as I could.

You couldn't change Divs until you was able to pick a job...

I wasnt able to pick a job until my 4th year....

Since the A Div moved faster than the B Div it was a moot point, not to mentioned lived in the Bronx..

You couldn't change Divs until you was able to pick a job...

I wasnt able to pick a job until my 4th year....

Since the A Div moved faster than the B Div it was a moot point, not to mentioned lived in the Bronx..

Damn, 4 years to pick a job? DOes it take longer now since they have been hiring T/Os like crazy?

And living in the BX is a good enough reason to stay on the A Div.

Damn, 4 years to pick a job? DOes it take longer now since they have been hiring T/Os like crazy?

And living in the BX is a good enough reason to stay on the A Div.

Two things...

It dont take as long to pick a job from what i seen.When I tell people that it took my class that long to pick and they shudder, 4 years of being extra extra builds character...

Moved to Westchester went over to the B Div and now i cant smell a job uptown on the (B)ravo and (D)elta Lines...

Not feeling that (A)pple or ©harile....

Archived