I saw a new forum regarding the 2010 MTA budget

Q101viaSteinway

I read the exhibit B link and aren't most of the trips of the combined route between Fordham and Pelham Bay Park station. I don't see any problem with that. I looked at the PDF of the Bronx map and it don't look to be that big of an extension to Pelham Bay Park Station from Co-Op City.

The bronx bus map at co-op city is really condensed, compared to other areas....

two, you probably haven't rode the bx28 much to not see anything wrong with such an idea; Fordham to Flushing via co-op city... incredible.... I'm not referring to how anything looks on a map when I say that, either.....

...and the current Qbx1 is problematic on its own.

But wasn't the whole idea to place routes under MTA Bus since he said that the difference between the farebox and the operating costs are paid for by the city. Probably he might of chosen the QBx1 because there are no other MTA Bus local route in the Bronx. But my most favorite one that benefit me is the Q101 and Q104 extension to Penn Station and Q33 from the LaGuardia Aeroport to Woodside LIRR and Sunnyside 48th St.

I read the exhibit B link and aren't most of the trips of the combined route between Fordham and Pelham Bay Park station. I don't see any problem with that. I looked at the PDF of the Bronx map and it don't look to be that big of an extension to Pelham Bay Park Station from Co-Op City.

Wow Bx28 to Queens. That guy who made it must be weird.. Yeah lets make it QBx28...

Thats like an Express but route. Bx28 is long enough, running along Kingsbridge Road, Jerome Ave, Bedford, Gun Hill road, Co-Op City Blvd and so on.

QBx1 is fine the way it is..

Now maybe it would be better if the Bx28 would head to Co-Op with QBX1, and have Bx26/30 end somewhere around a loop or so. Bx28 is a LOT frequent compared the Bx26/30.. Dont get me started with Bx25..

Also Bx28 does NOT go to Pelham Bay pk..

Have you ever even been on the Bx28 or any bronx bus route? You need to check out the Bx28 before making conclusions bro.. Start at Fordham Center/KingsBridge Road and to to Co-Op citys end and you will see how long it is...

Also isn't extending route a bad idea too? It can cost $$$...

Wow Bx28 to Queens. That guy who made it must be weird.. Yeah lets make it QBx28...

Thats like an Express but route. Bx28 is long enough, running along Kingsbridge Road, Jerome Ave, Bedford, Gun Hill road, Co-Op City Blvd and so on.

QBx1 is fine the way it is..

Now maybe it would be better if the Bx28 would head to Co-Op with QBX1, and have Bx26/30 end somewhere around a loop or so. Bx28 is a LOT frequent compared the Bx26/30.. Dont get me started with Bx25..

Also Bx28 does NOT go to Pelham Bay pk..

Have you ever even been on the Bx28 or any bronx bus route? You need to check out the Bx28 before making conclusions bro.. Start at Fordham Center/KingsBridge Road and to to Co-Op citys end and you will see how long it is...

Also isn't extending route a bad idea too? It can cost $$$...

I'll be honest and say that I do not take the bus to the Bronx. Plus I have seen alot of other ideas that would work. I was only judging from what I see, likely what he wanted to do is to have most of the trips go from Fordham to Pelham Bay Park Station, with a few trips to Flushing.

Quote from nyersforbettertransit:

From Fordham-Valentine Avenue and East 192nd Street

Towards Flushing-Main Street and 39th Avenue

Every 30 Minutes from 4:00 until 5:00

Every 15 Minutes from 5:00 until 9:00

Every 20 Minutes from 9:00 until 14:00

Every 15 Minutes from 14:00 until 19:00

Every 30 Minutes from 19:00 until 0:00

From Fordham-Valentine Avenue and East 192nd Street

Towards Pelham Bay-Bruckner Boulevard and Westchester Avenue

Every 20 Minutes from 0:00 until 1:20

Every 40 Minutes from 1:20 until 4:00

Every 30 Minutes from 4:00 until 6:00

Every 10 Minutes from 6:00 until 7:00

Every 4 Minutes from 7:04 until 7:12

Every 5 Minutes from 7:12 until 7:57

Every 3 Minutes from 7:57 until 8:00

Every 6 Minutes from 8:00 until 10:00

Every 8 Minutes from 10:00 until 16:00

Every 6 Minutes from 16:00 until 18:00

Every 8 Minutes from 18:00 until 20:00

Every 10 Minutes from 20:00 until 22:00

Every 12 Minutes from 22:00 until 0:00

Where is the proposed QBx1 most of the service going to?

Plus from what I see in the summary given, is to place the Bx28 under the QBx1 name and have the Bx28 under MTA Bus to get City funding.

I'll actually get a chance to ride the Bx28 today because I am going up to the Bronx to see family and for Friday Prayers and I'll see for myself

^^ lol....

So whoever created that forum, at the very least, lurks here.

I do not prefer if comments are made outside of this website because I want input and reccomendations because by next week this plan will be finalized and sent to public officials and the MTA so that hopefully the MTA reads this prior to the public hearing period.

poor kid....

first he has to have one of his parents advertise his forum on Rider Diaries...

....and instead of posts, all he's getting is views (judging by that outcry)... no one's gonna want to join & stay on a forum just to state their ideas... There's enough threads on subchat, rd, and here at nyctf on the matter as it is...

Where is the proposed QBx1 most of the service going to?

That's not the point....

Seemingly your stance is, extending the Qbx1 to Fordham isn't a bad idea b/c most of the runs wont be going to Fordham.... You're not focusing on (or flat out ignoring) the runs that would be going to fordham.... those of us that disagree w/ this guy clearview's general idea in this regard, are....

since there'll never be a (6) extension to Co-op in our lifetime (if @ all), the simplest solution is to split the Qbx1, full time.... that route by itself is the problem out there... you can have both routes still under "MTA Bus" so it can recieve funding from the city or w/e..... absolutely no need to exacerbate the commute of daily Bx28 riders... despite what the timetables may say, hell, the bxm7 is more frequent than the qbx1 is in co-op city, but that's neither here nor there....

....and I'd love to know why the Bx28 was chosen; b/c it garners more of the ridership out there?

What this person on that forum is saying does not make sense at all.

(1): How in the world is he cutting Q32 service, the Q32 is always packed-full route.

(2): This persons headways for buses are really not planned well at all.

....I'm not even looking at it anymore.

Well it seems as if the Q32 were to be split into two MTA Bus route, the Q104 and the Q33. Headways could always be changed. If the MTA were to look at it, the MTA even might make changes. I'd like to know if the headways are a ballpark estimate, I'll register and ask later today.

He said that he wants to find out if anything is wrong with it. Lets try to tell him that he is wrong before he makes (MTA) screw up

Challenge of the day. Which idea you think is the best one. BTW I rode the Bx28 and the combination will really screw riders in that area of the Bronx. On my bus we had a good crowd.

Challenge of the day. Which idea you think is the best one. BTW I rode the Bx28 and the combination will really screw riders in that area of the Bronx. On my bus we had a good crowd.

You see, I don't make this stuff up :cool:

and as far as which of his ideas were the best, it's probably the canning of the BM5 & the extension of the BM2... not for the reasons he's giving though (about low income areas not being able to afford x-buses, etc. etc)...

If you take a look @ where BM5 users are embarking/disembarking.. you'd expect the bulk of it to be in/at Starrett... which it's not.

You see, I don't make this stuff up :cool:

and as far as which of his ideas were the best, it's probably the canning of the BM5 & the extension of the BM2... not for the reasons he's giving though (about low income areas not being able to afford x-buses, etc. etc)...

If you take a look @ where BM5 users are embarking/disembarking.. you'd expect the bulk of it to be in/at Starrett... which it's not.

I liked the Q14, Q20A/B, Q25, Q34, Q44 one because it would increase service on the Main and Kissena Boulevard corridors and the Q101 extension to Penn Station because I use the Q101 and it would benefit me. To that guy, he should not use socioeconomics to cut service, because there are project people on your site and will get pissed off.

Archived