Rush Hour (E)s to Jamaica/179 St

dmouse

Why are the cars from Jamaica being stored on the express track?

Is the (E) rush hour going to continue runnning local via the (F) from 75 ave?

Or will it at some point in the near future start running the express like its suppose to?

In the order

Kew Gardens-Union Tpke

Parsons blvd-Hillside

Jamaica-179st

Or will it at some point in the near future start running the express like its suppose to?

In the order

Kew Gardens-Union Tpke

Parsons blvd-Hillside

Jamaica-179st

In the order that you asked...

-Cuz its the winter time and they don't want cars freezing over (think of starting a frozen car but on a larher scale)...its done all over the system, not just at Jamaica

-Until spring gets here

I know for a fact since I've been on it that there's a Manhattan bound (E) leaving 179th Street on the Express track at 3:54 P.M. and another at 4:16 P.M. there may be others as well just not sure of their exact time.They are awesome to rail fan on as they are usually almost totally empty until they get to Forest Hills, and they fly like heck under Hillside Ave.I have defintely been on those two last week. If your interested in Jamaica bound? i Have no clue.

• 1 month later...

At 7:13, an (E) train leaves Jamaica - 179th Street and arrives at WTC at 8:03. This occurs in the morning.

At 5:08 and 5:29 in the evening, (E) trains leaving WTC at these two intervals will arrive at Jamaica - 179th Street at 6:01 and 6:21, respectively.

This service pattern should be listed on subway maps in a dashed line too,the way they have the (G) service pattern whenever it supposedly goes to Forest Hills on Weekends :P

The dashed line is a "part time extension". Three trains a day is not a "part time extension", and also, if anything, it's a "part time reroute":p

All AM & PM (E) trains from 179th Street to Manhattan run express from 179 to Continental.

PM Rush (E) trains to 179th St operate local from Continental to 179. There are no AM Rush (E) trains to 179 in passenger service.

You have an interesting point right there!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump: I caught the limited (E) from 179 Street this morning. I took the 8:11 AM train. It used the Hillside express tracks. It was awesome. This was the rare time that I enjoyed riding the subway. At 179 Street all of the seats were filled and there were 5 standees. It was crush loaded by the time it reached Forest Hills. However, it was very fast. If there were more limited (E)'s then I would stop complaining about the (F) operating via 63rd.

Bump: I caught the limited (E) from 179 Street this morning. I took the 8:11 AM train. It used the Hillside express tracks. It was awesome. This was the rare time that I enjoyed riding the subway. At 179 Street all of the seats were filled and there were 5 standees. It was crush loaded by the time it reached Forest Hills. However, it was very fast. If there were more limited (E)'s then I would stop complaining about the (F) operating via 63rd.

Reminds you of the (F) before they moved the (E) to jamaica center and moved the (R) to continental and made the (F) the hillside local. The (F) used to be the hillside express and stop only at 179st. Parsons ,Union turnpike , continental,roosevelt,queens plaza and then ely it was very fast .

In the order

Kew Gardens-Union Tpke

Parsons blvd-Hillside

Jamaica-179st

Jamaica Lay-Up Trains on the North Bound Express Track(Mainly R46's from the ®/(V) and some R160's for (F) service the very next day, Before the jamaica swap the R32's were layed-up there as well.

Archived