Areas You Would Like to Busfan More in 2010

R32 3348

And yet he didn't want that line cut when I said they should just combine it with the BM2.../QUOTE]

Tell you the truth I rather ride the BM 5 over the BM 2,because BM 2 is slow and bus get congestion along Flatbush AV....

As for FG:I think the only reason he doesn't think the BM 5 isn't a safe line,because he's referring to the projects along Linden BLVD and Cozen AV.As long he stay on the bus to SC he will be safe....then he could take 82 to the 103 or to the L line...

Tell you the truth I rather ride the BM 5 over the BM 2,because BM 2 is slow and bus get congestion along Flatbush AV....

As for FG:I think the only reason he doesn't think the BM 5 isn't a safe line,because he's referring to the projects along Linden BLVD and Cozen AV.As long he stay on the bus to SC he will be safe....then he could take 82 to the 103 or to the L line...

How well used is the BM5 anyway? Is it at least 75% full?

As for Flatbush av, they really should ban car traffic around that area for the rush hours. Even middays it is crazy how crowded the 'Junction' area is.

I've never busfanned before but one day I want to try taking the QM21 to the Q44 (as opposed to the Q85 to the Q44), I've never ridden an (MTA) express bus before and it seems like I'm late almost everyday (gotta be there by 7:25) and the Q85 + Q44 is way too slow in the morning for me.

Do unlimited metrocards work on express routes lol?

I've never busfanned before but one day I want to try taking the QM21 to the Q44 (as opposed to the Q85 to the Q44), I've never ridden an (MTA) express bus before and it seems like I'm late almost everyday (gotta be there by 7:25) and the Q85 + Q44 is way too slow in the morning for me.

Only if you have a 7-day Unlimited Express MetroCard. But wait...why would you want to take an express bus within one borough??? You said you want to take the QM21 to the Q44, and I'm assuming you are traveling within Queens only? You're wasting money dude.

No, but I think the express buses have their own unlimited cards, but not sure how it works. It would obviously cost much more since express bus rides are more than double the regular fares.

I live around your area. Unfortunately, Unlimited cards don't work on express buses. However, the express bus is worth the $5.50 fare. In the morning the QM21 operates via Queens Blvd and the LIE (it uses the HOV lane on the LIE) straight to the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. In the evening it uses the Queensboro Bridge and Queens Blvd. Sometimes if there's 5 green lights in a row it gets good speed. The QM21 is never crowded-you're guaranteed a seat. Here's a pic of the QM21 I took a month ago. I'm sure you know which intersection is in the pic:

SN853437.jpg

No, but I think the express buses have their own unlimited cards, but not sure how it works. It would obviously cost much more since express bus rides are more than double the regular fares.

A weekly express bus metrocard is around 40 bucks (works for express, local buses and the subway). One week Im just gonna get one and go crazy.

Only if you have a 7-day Unlimited Express MetroCard. But wait...why would you want to take an express bus within one borough??? You said you want to take the QM21 to the Q44, and I'm assuming you are traveling within Queens only? You're wasting money dude.

I wouldn't do it everyday, probably just once since I've never been on an (MTA) express bus.

Oh, thanks for the info.

I live around your area. Unfortunately, Unlimited cards don't work on express buses. However, the express bus is worth the $5.50 fare. In the morning the QM21 operates via Queens Blvd and the LIE (it uses the HOV lane on the LIE) straight to the Queens-Midtown Tunnel. In the evening it uses the Queensboro Bridge and Queens Blvd. Sometimes if there's 5 green lights in a row it gets good speed. The QM21 is never crowded-you're guaranteed a seat. Here's a pic of the QM21 I took a month ago. I'm sure you know which intersection is in the pic:

SN853437.jpg

Yeah that's 176th & 137th (right by Bedell & Farmers), nice pic btw. I never knew express buses use alternate routes for the morning and the evening. I see the QM21 everyday while I'm waiting on a long line for the Q85, 9 times out of 10 I have to stand or the bus just skips the stop because its too crowded, then the QM21 comes and it looks all warm and spacious while I'm freezing waiting for another bus to come lol.

Its like first class vs low class (lower than coach) from the movie Soul Plane lol.

How well used is the BM5 anyway? Is it at least 75% full?

As for Flatbush av, they really should ban car traffic around that area for the rush hours. Even middays it is crazy how crowded the 'Junction' area is.

buses does get full if they use Orion V cng...on the MCI's it's not that bad.I've seen buses(next to last run) coming out of SC having only one person on board....

Archived