Color Match The Displays Already!

N-Trizzy2609

It feels kinda weird with R160's R142's and R143's all having the same display, red circle and letter in the front and yellow on the sides. It kinda contradicting the color code that the subway has. I feel the displays should color match the train they run on so that people who aren't from New York wouldn't get confused and train can happily run with there color identification!

Well, if they color match with the lines, it wouldn't work out because red is easier to read when the train is coming.

For example, the (N), yea, the color match will easily identify it, but to make sure if it is an (N) train, they should be able to read it on the front of the train. Red gets the job done as far as clarity.

It feels kinda weird with R160's R142's and R143's all having the same display, red circle and letter in the front and yellow on the sides. It kinda contradicting the color code that the subway has. I feel the displays should color match the train they run on so that people who aren't from New York wouldn't get confused and train can happily run with there color identification!

As much as I like your idea I kinda agree with Pablo. Besides, I think the (MTA) had exactly that in mind when they decided on it.

I'd also like to see a colored sign. Variety is the spice of life you know. :P

Besides, I'm seeing a fair amount of cars with incomplete circles around the letters.

Paul (R)

When your riding the subways or when your looking at pictures?

Just wanna make sure because its a trick if your talking about pictures.......

When your riding the subways or when your looking at pictures?

Just wanna make sure because its a trick if your talking about pictures.......

Right, it seems like a refresh rate speed problem that the camera catches in between exposures. It's always visible in photos. I don't remember ever seeing it in person.

Archived