broken find maps

Eastman346

I think the (MTA) has been working on them when the R160s return back to the terminals and/or yard. By the latter end of the work week, many of the FINDs get stuck. Some of them are not the FINDs, but the TV screens. I've seen 8882 with correct FINDs, but the television screen static at (N) Broadway Local via Whitehall.

Ya, its been a problem since day one for the MTA. But the computers on the trains are running on Windows....:P

But, I don't see many cars with the FIND messed up. The cars I get into usually have it working ok, or at least working but showing the wrong stop instead of it being frozen.

eh, the FIND works sometimes. i've been in trains where the FIND was stuck.

also, i think they should put the R160's on lines that have many stops, such as the F and R instead of the N, since the N doesn't really have that many stops, and then you see the blank spots on the FIND

eh, the FIND works sometimes. i've been in trains where the FIND was stuck.

also, i think they should put the R160's on lines that have many stops, such as the F and R instead of the N, since the N doesn't really have that many stops, and then you see the blank spots on the FIND

Its not a matter of the number of stops, its just the computers on the car being able to work to show the FIND correctly.

*sigh

I knew you were ready to say something like that.

I won't waste my time this time, its pointless this time around trying to get the RIGHT facts through your head.

Please do not make me pull out that pic of the brand new R160 that was in service for like a week and after a week of being in service found itself in CI Shops on jackstands.

It is true the FINDs in the Kawasaki cars do not have the most uptodate software on them. We are waiting for NYCT to approve the software change.

The FINDs right now have a memory leak and that is what causes them to freeze up after 3 to 4 days of being powered up.

NYCT should approve the software soon so we can update the signs.

It is true the FINDs in the Kawasaki cars do not have the most uptodate software on them. We are waiting for NYCT to approve the software change.

The FINDs right now have a memory leak and that is what causes them to freeze up after 3 to 4 days of being powered up.

NYCT should approve the software soon so we can update the signs.

What exactly are they going to update? The Windows software?

they should make a special version of Windows for stuff like this (trains, vending machines, etc), instead of using Windows NT. i doubt that Windows NT was designed for running a train program all day long so maybe that's why it freezes up, instead they should make a windows that is designed to do the same thing all day long

they should make a special version of Windows for stuff like this (trains, vending machines, etc), instead of using Windows NT. i doubt that Windows NT was designed for running a train program all day long so maybe that's why it freezes up, instead they should make a windows that is designed to do the same thing all day long
Uh, if its setup to run what they want it to run then its fine. The program has a memory leak in it, so thats why the maps freezes up after a few days of it running. You can thank the wonderfull techs at Kawasaki for this.

Archived