Four slain in city hours into 2008

Trainspotter

Four slain in city hours into 2008

The city recorded its lowest murder count in four decades last year - but violence erupted Tuesday just hours into 2008.

Three people were shot dead and another was fatally stabbed.

Cops were targeted, but not hit, by gunfire at three separate scenes, and at least five people were shot and wounded, all before sunrise, police said.

One of the injured was 11-year-old Destiny Rosario, a schoolgirl who was headed home from a party with her family when a bullet grazed her head in Morrisania, the Bronx, about 3:50 a.m.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - January 2, 2008

Don't look out the window then.....

Had to, to see which ex-childhood friend turned drug dealer/gangsta wannabe, was shooting just for the heck of it. I'm not there anymore. I'm in a quiet zone now (except the summer when the teens be hanging out. They do go to school though, so they're just loud and harmless).

Had to, to see which ex-childhood friend turned drug dealer/gangsta wannabe, was shooting just for the heck of it. I'm not there anymore.

Been through that same situation myself. I'm in a private house, but still, the area (41st precinct) isn't one of the best when it comes to violent crime. I've found out about several kids who went to elementary or junior high with me who have since ended up either in jail or dead.

80% of all the friends I grew up with are either heroin/crack addicts, dead or in jail.

You must of been a horrible friend for 80% to take such destructive paths. Just the mention of your name made them say, "I need crack, give me heroin, I'd rather rob or shoot someone than hang out with Harry, being locked up ain't as bad as hanging with Harry." B):D:D

Archived