Just a Thought: Q69 to LaGuardia Airport?

Pablo M 201

I would support the Q23 into LGA more than the Q69. I think the Q69 going into LGA would probably duplicate the M60 too much, just like the Q37 going into JFK would largely duplicate the Q10. On the other hand, the Q23 going into LGA would only tangentially duplicate the Q48 & Q72.

However, in the event both lines are extended into LGA, I would recommend that the Q23 serve only the Central Terminals while the Q69 serve only the Marine Air Terminal.

The MTA was on the verge of sending the Q23 into LGA proper a few years ago until the budget crisis hit. I can only hope that this idea has not been permanently tabled.

I always wanted the (Q23) to LGA, not the (Q69). But then again is LIC clamoring for direct access to LGA?

why so many ppl suggesting combining routes lately it doesn't work well in urban areas ppl don't misread my posts. Q48 and 69 = EPIC FAIL

Ok I'm calling bullsh*t on this post. You have done the same thing befor so you calling people out on this just makes you look even worse

Ok I'm calling bullsh*t on this post. You have done the same thing befor so you calling people out on this just makes you look even worse

nope never on MTA routes plus on LIB I know what works and what doesn't I do further research to back up my claims. I never came up with any such within nyc area only rural and suburban areas or areas near highways would support such extreme mergers otherwise in an urban setting it won't work. There are times when it will work there are times when it won't. It has to be done by a highway but only if a trip generator exists

nope never on MTA routes plus on LIB I know what works and what doesn't I do further research to back up my claims. I never came up with any such within nyc area only rural and suburban areas or areas near highways would support such extreme mergers otherwise in an urban setting it won't work. There are times when it will work there are times when it won't. It has to be done by a highway but only if a trip generator exists

Once again, I'm calling bullsh*t on your post...

one part I would merge with Q50 then Q50 gets more service as a result absorbing the southern portion of Q38

Those seem like (MTA) routes to me...

All I know is I drive the 19 on the weekend and the M60 people come running from the stop when they see me at the traffic light on Astoria Blvd Heading towards MS....the light turns green and they want me to pull over and wait for them......like come on....you are waiting for the M60 just wait....why should you hold up another line if you are not sure what bus you want to take......you want the Q19....wait in the stop....ooo and please stop bangin on the door I will not open them when I am not in a stop at all!!....the next stop light across from the M60 stop right after 31st heading towards MS....

Once again, I'm calling bullsh*t on your post...

Those seem like (MTA) routes to me...

It only works on a limited case by case basis. I am not good with short range route structure I am better with travel time reduction and long distance routes. I don't make NYC based plans I only have a few ideas that I am not even sure of.

It only works on a limited case by case basis. I am not good with short range route structure I am better with travel time reduction and long distance routes. I don't make NYC based plans I only have a few ideas that I am not even sure of.

But you said you don't do (MTA) routes but you clearly do

You just contradicted yourself

But you said you don't do (MTA) routes but you clearly do

You just contradicted yourself

The MTA routes however I am not very sure of at all. That is why I never completed any NYC based plan since my strength isn't short range. I am not exactly comfortable with MTA routes it's out of my element. I have a nack for highway based routes. I've used many lines and I collected bus maps since I was in 3rd grade.

All I know is I drive the 19 on the weekend and the M60 people come running from the stop when they see me at the traffic light on Astoria Blvd Heading towards MS....the light turns green and they want me to pull over and wait for them......like come on....you are waiting for the M60 just wait....why should you hold up another line if you are not sure what bus you want to take......you want the Q19....wait in the stop....ooo and please stop bangin on the door I will not open them when I am not in a stop at all!!....the next stop light across from the M60 stop right after 31st heading towards MS....

They “aren’t sure” because they are probably going somewhere on Astoria Blvd between the station and LaGuardia and expected the M60 to come first (I don't know what MS means, but I assume you're going Flushing-bound).

I mean if there's two routes to choose from, it makes sense to go for the one that's more frequent, but if the infrequent one comes first, what's wrong with trying to get on? People have to get places.

They “aren’t sure” because they are probably going somewhere on Astoria Blvd between the station and LaGuardia and expected the M60 to come first (I don't know what MS means, but I assume you're going Flushing-bound).

I mean if there's two routes to choose from, it makes sense to go for the one that's more frequent, but if the infrequent one comes first, what's wrong with trying to get on? People have to get places.

yup you clearly arent the one doing the route ,WE DO and we know who's sure

The Q19 is not the M60 so I know exactly what CPBO means .....

(I don't know what MS means, but I assume you're going Flushing-bound)

Q19 terminal; Main st....

cause this is an LGA thread

*smhlmao*

what kinda answer is that...

ever stopped to think he was referring to something far more broader than an internet thread....

A little off topic, why is LGA getting more attention than JFK in terms of bus service?

Good question... I haven't been hearin much about JFK lately.

Guess not much is goin on.... Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing...

Q19 terminal; Main st....

*smhlmao*

what kinda answer is that...

ever stopped to think he was referring to something far more broader than an internet thread....

Good question... I haven't been hearin much about JFK lately.

Guess not much is goin on.... Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing...

Unlike LGA JFK is well served by bus service and rail service its very easy to reach even from a distance by transit. from LI use airtrain at jamacia from nj or north use LIRR to airtrain. even short distance has local bus. LGA pfft please from LI you are stuck with the long island parking lot!!!!!!!!!!! The only regional areas that have easy LGA access are NJ via (N) from PABT to M60 and from areas served my metro-north east of hudson to 125th again for M60. LI seems to be left out come to think of it most LIRR trains stop at woodside. There can be a bus that goes from jackson heights to woodside LIRR then nonstop over BQE to LGA. guess lilbluefoxie was right

Unlike LGA JFK is well served by bus service and rail service its very easy to reach even from a distance by transit. from LI use airtrain at jamacia from nj or north use LIRR to airtrain. even short distance has local bus. LGA pfft please from LI you are stuck with the long island parking lot!!!!!!!!!!! The only regional areas that have easy LGA access are NJ via (N) from PABT to M60 and from areas served my metro-north east of hudson to 125th again for M60. LI seems to be left out come to think of it most LIRR trains stop at woodside. There can be a bus that goes from jackson heights to woodside LIRR then nonstop over BQE to LGA. guess lilbluefoxie was right

JFK has the (B15), (Q3) and the (Q10). The Airtrain for rail service. LGA has the (M60), (Q33), (Q47), (Q48) and the (Q72). Most LIRR trains do not stop at Woodside. It depends on where in LI you're coming from. I'll say this again, no bus should use the BQE

JFK has the (B15), (Q3) and the (Q10). The Airtrain for rail service. LGA has the (M60), (Q33), (Q47), (Q48) and the (Q72). Most LIRR trains do not stop at Woodside. It depends on where in LI you're coming from. I'll say this again, no bus should use the BQE

well the only part of LI with easy LGA access is the port washington line via transfer to (Q48).

The other LIRR lines will have difficulty getting there the soultion would be a widening of the van wyck with a busway created as part of the design so it can help transit users and motorists alike travel faster and reduce jamming. From jamacia LIRR to LGA/flushing at least. A busway station stop in flushing can be created to link with (7) and LIRR port washington line. Then otherwise the bus can leave the busway to make normal stops at LGA and jamacia.

well the only part of LI with easy LGA access is the port washington line via transfer to (Q48).

The other LIRR lines will have difficulty getting there the soultion would be a widening of the van wyck with a busway created as part of the design so it can help transit users and motorists alike travel faster and reduce jamming. From jamacia LIRR to LGA/flushing at least. A busway station stop in flushing can be created to link with (7) and LIRR port washington line. Then otherwise the bus can leave the busway to make normal stops at LGA and jamacia.

There's no room for a busway station in Flushing

Upon examining the street map of the area of Q69's current eastern terminus, I found another potential major complication of trying to extend it into LGA proper: The intersection of Ditmars Boulevard & Marine Terminal Road is currently configured in a way such that it is not legally permissible to turn directly from S/B Ditmars Blvd onto Marine Terminal Rd. In addition, the configuration of one-way streets in the area means there are no good ways to send the Q69 up N/B 82nd St/Ditmars Blvd without radically changing its course. As such, I believe that to facilitate the Q69's entrance into LGA proper, the aforementioned intersection would require some form of reconfiguration/reconstruction, which (aside from the construction costs) would lead to major traffic disruptions in that area for the duration of the construction.

There are no such complications with the Q23: all it would need to do is make a right turn from its current terminal and then exit via either 82nd Street or 94th Street and travel along 23rd Avenue back to its current terminal - which is the exact same maneuver currently used by the Q48.

Archived