Has anyone rode any NJ Transit lines lately?

NJTransitFan

However, that is becoming rarer and rarer. The only almost certain lock for Comet Is these days is trains through Mount Arlington.

Yea, as the comet v's are fixed & more of those and multi-levels arrive ready for use you'll see more and more comet 2 and other types take their place. The last time i rode a comet 1 was i think 1999 on the :nec:.

- Andy

Wait, that second to last photo, was that a train going into service on the Raritan Valley Line? I'm still trying to get photos of the PL42ACs on the RVL.

That one was moving and going north toward SEC/HOB. I'll see if i can get some more photos this thursday if i go, if not next wednesday as i'm going to a mets game and will have my good (both are good just one is better at quality photos) camera with me.

- Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I have rode the M&E & NJCL...I love the ride on NJCL, eventhough this past weekend was probably the worst I have ever seen it though. Not really NJT's fault I guess. Fri I think was Car vs. Train somewhere in Red Bank and Sat Night they had a TRESSPASSER. I sat in Long Branch for two hours in the damn cold.

Over the years, I have ridden each NJT line to the following points:

Atlantic City Line: All the way

Gladstone Branch: To Far Hills

Main/Bergen/Port Jervis: To Middletown-Town of Wallkill

Morristown Line: To Dover

Montclair-Boonton: To Mt. Olive

Northeast Corridor Line: All the way

North Jersey Coast Line: To Asbury Park

Pascack Valley Line: All the way

Raritan Valley Line: To Bound Brook

The most scenic one is the Port Jervis over the Moodna Viaduct.

Archived