Barack Obama wins the Iowa caucuses over Hillary Clinton, John Edwards

Trainspotter

Barack Obama wins the Iowa caucuses over Hillary Clinton, John Edwards

New York Sen. Hillary Clinton's once-inevitable campaign juggernaut went off a cliff Thursday night when rookie Sen. Barack Obama won the Iowa Democratic caucuses - making history as the first black candidate to win an overwhelmingly white state.

Obama's inspirational message of unifying America and "turning the page" on the toxic partisanship crippling Washington resonated strongly with Iowa Democrats and independents, who decided to take a flier on the eloquent young senator and gave him an 8-point victory.

"They said this day would never come," Obama said in a rousing victory speech. "But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gificon_offsite.png - January 4, 2008

Congrats to Obama but honestly I just don't think he has what it takes to be president, I just don't think he is experienced enough. I rather go with Bill err... ;) I mean Hillary Clinton. Oh and forget the reps. I hate Guiliani and the rest of them. Can you imagine though, if Obama won and then chose Hillary as his running mate or Vice Versa, that would be amazing.

Congrats to Obama but honestly I just don't think he has what it takes to be president, I just don't think he is experienced enough. I rather go with Bill err... ;) I mean Hillary Clinton. Oh and forget the reps. I hate Guiliani and the rest of them. Can you imagine though, if Obama won and then chose Hillary as his running mate or Vice Versa, that would be amazing.

I've been thinking the same thing (one as President and the other vice President). The way I've been hearing about McCain and Huckabee double teaming Romney, wouldn't surprise me if they would to do the same. As for Obama winning, I was a nay sayer, but him winning in Iowa, now I believe anything could happen.

Rudy Giuliani 2008! I wont give up on him!

I'm hoping most of the country does though. Ghouliani needs to think smaller. Like Governor first, then go for El Presidente. But then again he was mayor of a city, with a population bigger than most state populations. He did clean up your city, I'll give him that much.

Congrats to Obama but honestly I just don't think he has what it takes to be president, I just don't think he is experienced enough. I rather go with Bill err... B) I mean Hillary Clinton. Oh and forget the reps. I hate Guiliani and the rest of them. Can you imagine though, if Obama won and then chose Hillary as his running mate or Vice Versa, that would be amazing.

I highly doubt we'll be seeing a Clinton-Obama ticket.

If Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, she won't select Obama as her VP, because it would draw all the attention away from Hillary and onto Barack. If she wins the nomination, she wants all the spotlight from the media. We all know what a big ego she has. Most likely, she'll select an obscure senator or congressman as her VP, who is a moderate Democrat, such as Evan Bayh. She might also go with a former candidate, like Chris Dodd, Joseph Biden or Dennis Kucinich.

If Obama gets the nomination, he won't select Hillary as his VP. He's looking to bring some radical change into the White House, and doesn't want to follow in the mold of a Clinton or a Bush. He'll want to distance himself as much as possible from the tarnished Clinton name.

Archived