Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
NX Express

European Traffic Light

Wasn't sure in which forum to put this in. Did anyone notice that on Av Y & E 17 St, instead of changing from red to green, it goes from red to this to green:

red-yellow%20traffic%20light.JPG

• Upvote 1

No, it shows this aspect:

It means that the traffic can proceed if the cross street is clear.

As it shows the red-yellow aspect, the cross traffic is shown the yellow. When that turns red, the light you see will turn green.

It's pretty cool for drivers who like to get a jump on the light.

• Upvote 1

It means that the traffic can proceed if the cross street is clear.

As it shows the red-yellow aspect, the cross traffic is shown the yellow. When that turns red, the light you see will turn green.

It's pretty cool for drivers who like to get a jump on the light.

Well, it may mean that in Europe. It's not in the NYS rule book, which I read;)

It's basically a yield light. At night here several lights blink yellow or red, red is a complete stop, yellow is yield.

- A

It's basically a yield light. At night here several lights blink yellow or red, red is a complete stop, yellow is yield.

- A

I read the rulebook. Red-yellow at the same time is not in it!

I read the rulebook. Red-yellow at the same time is not in it!

I am guessing this might be in place of a 5 lamp turning lane traffic light, yellow means you can turn if clear, red only means no turn.

- A

you sure the lights not broken? No where else in nyc is there a 3 light traffic light doing that pattern. That lights going to cause an accident.

On liberty ave the use a 2 light traffic signal and its confusing as shit.

The light is broken. I drive all over this city and all over long island and there's not one light that does that.

do a good deed and report it to 311 before someone gets hit by a car.

It's not broken. It's just on old IRT signal telling you to turn but be prepaired to stop.

you sure the lights not broken? No where else in nyc is there a 3 light traffic light doing that pattern. That lights going to cause an accident.

On liberty ave the use a 2 light traffic signal and its confusing as shit.

Two light? Like as it has only two signals(aspects, whatever you call them, Idk...) Do you know where the exact location of that? I would want to see that on Google Maps(if possible, and if this whole thing made sense)

Two light? Like as it has only two signals(aspects, whatever you call them, Idk...) Do you know where the exact location of that? I would want to see that on Google Maps(if possible, and if this whole thing made sense)

Liberty ave west of the van wyck under the el. I forget the street numbers.

heres the link, its interesting

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/LAMPS/Stoplights/stoplights.html

It's not broken. It's just on old IRT signal telling you to turn but be prepaired to stop.

Hah.

Just imagine there were homeballs out on the streets.

I just can't believe he started a new thread on a broken traffic light on the corner of X and E17, this is what amazes me about certain people on here.

That light is broken, the reason red and yellow comes up in Europe is so people can put their MANUAL car in first gear, and be ready for green

We have automatics, so no need for "get ready" light

this past friday, the traffic light on church & e 43rd was effed up... church av side was blinking red all day, and the 43rd st side was blinking yellow all day.....

hell, that same day, while coming from a friend's house, there's a crosswalk signal over on linden pl (not too far from where the Q34 turns off) that was completely on the ground; wires exposed & everything.... at least they had the orange cones & the orange tape around the exposed wiring....

these things happen... they'll get fixed... nothing to get too surprised about....

this past friday, the traffic light on church & e 43rd was effed up... church av side was blinking red all day, and the 43rd st side was blinking yellow all day.....

hell, that same day, while coming from a friend's house, there's a crosswalk signal over on linden pl (not too far from where the Q34 turns off) that was completely on the ground; wires exposed & everything.... at least they had the orange cones & the orange tape around the exposed wiring....

these things happen... they'll get fixed... nothing to get too surprised about....

I would love to grab a traffic signal or walk signal.