Unlimited-Ride Cards for Path

Trainspotter

Unlimited-Ride Cards for Path

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey plans to introduce unlimited-ride cards of varying time periods on PATH trains later this winter. The cards are similar to ones now sold by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority for use on buses and subways. One-day cards will cost $6, 7-day cards will cost $18 and 30-day cards will cost $54. The introduction of the unlimited-ride cards was part of the Port Authority’s decision last Friday to raise the one-way fare to $1.75, from $1.50. The price for 10-, 20- and 40-ride fare cards will increase to $1.30 per PATH ride, from $1.20. The new unlimited-ride cards will be introduced in early March, the same time the higher fares will take effect. PATH, for Port Authority Trans-Hudson, is a railroad that connects New York and New Jersey under the Hudson River.

From: nytimes_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - January 7, 2008

Awesome! That might come in handy in a year or two for me if I go to Rutgers or Monmouth University.

I take PATH alot now but I don't take PATH everyday so I'll just stick the MetroCard or the SmartCard and fill it up every once in a while.

Archived