Worktrain on 74st./ Roosevelt

Trackworker

Ha. Cool shots!

I was taking pictures of the same work trains last week at 74th Street.

Really? When was this?

I have to make sure I don't make any obscene gestures!

Just kidding, we are going to be doing a lot of work there so it's going to be hectic on the weekends.

In fact between the hours of 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM expect slight delays Monday through Friday.

On weekends expect delays. B)

Really? When was this?

I have to make sure I don't make any obscene gestures!

Just kidding, we are going to be doing a lot of work there so it's going to be hectic on the weekends.

In fact between the hours of 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM expect slight delays Monday through Friday.

On weekends expect delays. B)

Ya, on December 30th around 1:30 to 2 PM.

Heres one shot from that day.

P1010770.jpg

I was there! I'm the only nut without a coat.

What were you doing there if you don't mind me asking.

Haha! I'll see if I can pick you out in the picture later.

But I was on my way to Flushing to get a bite to eat at Joe's Best Burger after riding the R1/9s for abit.

WOW Trackworker, those pics are very cool. I have always woundered what it would be like to work on the tracks, your pics are as close as I can get for 4 more years. Im going to finish college before taking any TA tests.

I have a problem with heights; walking along a regular El off the ground, I don't think it would be so bad. One the flip side of the coin, if I had to stroll along, lets say the Express Track at Corona-111 St, or the highest point along the (1) Line, Id be shaking and probably pray.:eek:

I have a problem with heights; walking along a regular El off the ground, I don't think it would be so bad. One the flip side of the coin, if I had to stroll along, lets say the Express Track at Corona-111 St, or the highest point along the (1) Line, Id be shaking and probably pray.:eek:

We put up baskets under the joints at 125 st. and Broadway on the (1) that's pretty high.

You'll get used to the heights after a while, I did see one guy panic and freeze on the structure..they sent him on the streets.

Archived