Member rank idea

R1Toasty

Hey, I've been browsing around on some other forums and have found that some have a ranking system based on the number of posts. I know this site has junior member and member, but wouldn't it be cool if we had a more dedicated ranking system on top of that. Perhaps something like:

>100 posts: junior member

100-499 psots: member

500-999 posts: R1

1000-1499 posts: R4

etc...

or perhaps you could do it with car numbers! Just an idea. What do you all think about it?

Currently the forum is not using user ranks. The forum is using user titles instead. Below is the user titles and when a user receives them. The usertitle of 'Member' used to be at 25 and has been raised to 100. Of course the higher titles numbers are meant for members to never reach them. Who knows, maybe someday someone will.

New Member 0

Junior Member 25

Member 100

Senior Member 2000

Veteran Member 8000

Esteemed Member 10000

Supreme Member 15000

I've considered using ranks when I started the forum with train models, actual MTA work titles, or silly names like in other boards but I thought it would interfere with the actual work titles (Bus Operator, Train Operator, Train Conductor, Locomotive Engineer) of real transit employees that I would like to assign. I finally decided that the 'Member' word with hierarchies just works better in this situation.

I've considered using ranks when I started the forum with train models, actual MTA work titles, or silly names like in other boards but I thought it would interfere with the actual work titles (Bus Operator, Train Operator, Train Conductor, Locomotive Engineer) of real transit employees that I would like to assign. I finally decided that the 'Member' word with hierarchies just works better in this situation.

Exactly, I was at another site and for a second I thought they big shots in that site.

• 5 weeks later...
The most I've ever had on any board was somewhere around 22,400. I was a member of that board (a music forum) from September 2005 to September 2007 (I reached it in 2 years, exactly). I have since deleted my account there, though.

I do belong to another music board, which I've been at since March 2006, and I currently have 15,569 posts there.

Wow! That's a lot of posts bro. The most I ever racked up on any board was about 1,000 more or less. This is the first board that I go over 1,500 post threshold.

• 1 year later...
Currently the forum is not using user ranks. The forum is using user titles instead. Below is the user titles and when a user receives them. The usertitle of 'Member' used to be at 25 and has been raised to 100. Of course the higher titles numbers are meant for members to never reach them. Who knows, maybe someday someone will.

New Member 0

Junior Member 25

Member 100

Senior Member 2000

Veteran Member 8000

Esteemed Member 10000

Supreme Member 15000

In another thread here, you said that now you count it by how long one has been a member. So how long do you have to be registered to be a Supreme Member? Something like 50 years?:confused:

In another thread here, you said that now you count it by how long one has been a member. So how long do you have to be registered to be a Supreme Member? Something like 50 years?:confused:

Those are not in use anymore.

Member Titles

New Member: 0 - 5 Posts

Member: 6 Posts or more

Senior Member: 365 Days or more

That's it. :cool:

Archived