CSX 6135 in Harrison.

metsfan

Me too! :cool:

They have more GE units working that yard nowdays, and that one alco switcher. NS has a few GP's now and again, but mostly the dash 9's and dash 8's. Every once in a while a GP38 will find its way down those tracks, but typically you get the wide cab GE's.

- A

Was that actually in Jersey City before the Hack Bridge?

I believe so. There are 2 branches off the end of that trunk line, one goes towards a large yard near WNY, the other one goes down into bayonne to another yard where most of the traffic is tank cars. Trash trains also frequent this line on an all most clockwork schedule in the AM moved by NS equipment. I believe this unit trash train (often seen in/pulling through jsq) is combined with other trains and then pulled out west.

Part of the interconnect has been abandoned, however the tracks & ROW are still mostly intact. The most notable difference between now and when conrail etc operated over these tracks is the cutting of the line that goes north past the H&M portal, which allowed HBLR to come into existence. This is the alternate route for those trains.

- A

Nice Pics. What do you mean by WNY? I may be able to give you more info on those yards you are talking about.

The yard up between harrison and west new york that used to connect to what HBLR tonnelle ave is right next to ( conrail river line?), and the line across hoboken ave and then passes under the NJT ROW was cut to allow HBLR to run....

- A

The Yard right at Tonnelle Ave is CSX's North Bergen Yard. This is the beginning of CSX's Baltimore division as well as the end. There is also a NYSW facility and small yard there as well. The freight line seen in Bayone is the National Docks line. I should have known you meant West New York by WNY doh!

The Yard right at Tonnelle Ave is CSX's North Bergen Yard. This is the beginning of CSX's Baltimore division as well as the end. There is also a NYSW facility and small yard there as well. The freight line seen in Bayone is the National Docks line. I should have known you meant West New York by WNY doh!

:cool:

Yea i've seen some Susie Q there once or twice over the years, i guess they were handing off to CSX.

- A

Archived