Which Operating System do you use?

Queens Surface

Which Operating System do you use?  

1. 1. Which Operating System do you use?

• Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000/98
    • Mac OS X 10
    • Mac OS X 10.5
    • Linux
    • MS-Dos
    • Windows 3.1

lol no wonder why it won't burn a DVD, it's the white one!

and lol i should try that one day. make some ppl (especially the mac lovers, there are certain people @ school that just love mac's) freak out

It's a great little trick. I have walked into best buy and done that before. It's fun to watch from afar as some clueless employee freaks out. After a few minutes, if they haven't figured it out, I go play the hero. I know it seems bad, but almost nobody knows about it so it's funny like hell.

• 2 months later...
I think it was obvious when Microsoft introduced Vista.......

BUT they might have an option to continue it until 2011, but i don't think their gonna do that.

I've also read somewhere a long time ago (i think it was the metro newspaper, i'll try to look for the article) they are going to discontinue windows after the next few versions.

that's probably gonna happen anyway though windows and mac will both be phased out, and in the future everyone will be using linux with the penguin

I'd recommend Mac. If you have any questions, you can always ask me (it's my other obsession).

I got 3 machines on tiger. Need to get newer machines before i hop to leopard.

- Andy

BUT they might have an option to continue it until 2011, but i don't think their gonna do that.

I've also read somewhere a long time ago (i think it was the metro newspaper, i'll try to look for the article) they are going to discontinue windows after the next few versions.

that's probably gonna happen anyway though windows and mac will both be phased out, and in the future everyone will be using linux with the penguin

I dunno man, apple's market-share share in handheld OS (mac osx) and desktop OS are on the rise, will be at least 25 years or more till desktop os is phased out by adoption of "lite" os built into the hardware.

- Andy

Microsoft is planning to discontinue Windows XP

Microsoft wants to discontinue Windows XP because it's beneficial to his business. If it was up to Microsoft people would change operating system every year. Every time you upgrade he makes money. Every time he come up with a new operating system the company's share price goes up. Windows keep his users Codependent on Microsoft which is a slave mentality. That is why European stop using windows. Most institutions in Europe uses Linux which is a more stable operating system. Too many viruses found ways through windows programs. It's not a stable operating system as some people think it is. If the US population start learning Linux, Windows would not be as expansive as it is now. Apple has been trying to offer an alternative but somehow they have not manage to reach the masses like windows as. They stuff are more for people who are into design. They practice a focus strategy because they target a narrow market as oppose to Microsoft. I believe Linux can bring Microsoft competition but they would have to make they operating system user friendly so that it is easy to learn.

Really! Good to see another Mac user on here. What hardware do you have?

Powermac g4 dual 1 ghz 1.25 gigs ram airport, 60/40 gig HD's nvidia geforce 4600ti with ADC connector for my 17 inch ADC tube studio (also has 17 inch diamondtron flat crt), zip 250, superdrive (dvr-110 not the 106's they came with), iSub, pro speakers/keyboard.

My other one is a G4 933 mhz, base specs geforce 4 mx, 512 megs ram, single old monitor (works well though!) also zip and dvr-110, pro speakers/keyboard.

Then i have my baby which i use most of the time 12.1 inch iBook G4 1.33 ghz 1 gig ram 60 gig HD combo drive.

I really want to get a macbook air, or macbook pro 15 inch, my iBook's starting to show its age with newer stuff.

- Andy

Powermac g4 dual 1 ghz 1.25 gigs ram airport, 60/40 gig HD's nvidia geforce 4600ti with ADC connector for my 17 inch ADC tube studio (also has 17 inch diamondtron flat crt), zip 250, superdrive (dvr-110 not the 106's they came with), iSub, pro speakers/keyboard.

My other one is a G4 933 mhz, base specs geforce 4 mx, 512 megs ram, single old monitor (works well though!) also zip and dvr-110, pro speakers/keyboard.

Then i have my baby which i use most of the time 12.1 inch iBook G4 1.33 ghz 1 gig ram 60 gig HD combo drive.

I really want to get a macbook air, or macbook pro 15 inch, my iBook's starting to show its age with newer stuff.

- Andy

Wow, good old setup you have there. Right now I'm on a Mac Pro quad 2.8 w/ 4 Gb of RAM and 1 Tb HD. Just to my left is a great 1.5 Ghz maxed 12" PowerBook that I got to hold me over until I can afford a MacBook Air, but the machine is so great it's ruined me... everything else looks so wide now, I went to the Apple store the other day to get a new battery for it and played with a MacBook Air for a little bit, but compared to the PowerBook, I just couldn't stand how wide it was. I guess I'll just hold off until Apple realizes its mistake in not having a 12" MBP. Oh, and I'd recommend the MBP because the MBA is intended to be more of a secondary computer, so it has some limitations as somebody's only machine (but it is pretty sweet).

PS, if you ever want to get rid of your old systems, talk to me :cool:

PS, if you ever want to get rid of your old systems, talk to me :cool:

Oh, i will be keeping these till they decompose i think :D. I also had a complete cube setup with a 450 mhz model, an LC, LC2, and another older one i think a powermac 6700, as well as 3 apple 2c's. Used the older powermac (beige horizontal style case) for playing sim ant on OS 9.2.2.

- Andy

Oh, i will be keeping these till they decompose i think :D. I also had a complete cube setup with a 450 mhz model, an LC, LC2, and another older one i think a powermac 6700, as well as 3 apple 2c's. Used the older powermac (beige horizontal style case) for playing sim ant on OS 9.2.2.

- Andy

Wow, that's pretty sweet. The cube was a great machine... too bad it didn't sell very well. I know how you feel though, I'll certainly have my stuff around for a while too.

Archived