01-15-10 Amtrak at Greens Farms and Bridgeport

Fred G

After my NYC plan fell apart I ran down the coast a bit to catch trains at Greens Farms, a station I don't fan much at, but do enjoy when I do. Anyway, enough talk, moar pics.

10+Acela+2005+passing+Greens+Farms.jpg

Greens Farms

11+Acela+2008+at+Greens+Farms.jpg

Greens Farms

14+AEM7+945+approaching+Greens+Farms.jpg

Greens Farms

16+PW+4002+on+train+FPCH+at+Greens+Farms.jpg

Greens Farms - ok not Amtrak but don't tell anybody

25+AEM7+940+Bridgeport.jpg

over the Bridgeport Bus Station

36+Acela+and+MN.jpg

Acela train parked at Bridgeport for about an hour as a broken switch sent trains wrong railing northbound.

Thank you for looking

Very cool!

Whereabouts is this station? Those cat towers are very interesting, how old are they? Interesting that it's 4 tracks when a lot of the NH trackage is 2x tracks.

- A

Green's Farms is between Westport and Southport, not too sure about the cat towers there though. NH line is 4 tracks all the way up to NH and a little beyond out to Mill River Junction. How come you thought it was 2? (just curious)

Love the shot of 2008 Fred!

Green's Farms is between Westport and Southport, not too sure about the cat towers there though. NH line is 4 tracks all the way up to NH and a little beyond out to Mill River Junction. How come you thought it was 2? (just curious)

In Rhode Island it's 2 as far as i've seen, and by new haven i mean NYNH&H which used to connect boston & NY. :cool:

- A

Hi (A)

When you see those old school cat structures, that means New Haven between NHV and points west, including the Hell Gate line south of New Rochelle. The line was built in pieces but it was 4 tracks between New Haven and Woodlawn Junction. East of New Haven it was 2 tracks going to Hartford and another 2 going to New London. They split up just before Cedar Hill Yard and northeast of MILL.

As a bit of Trivia, when A.C. Gilbert of New Haven saw those cat structures being built he was inspired to create the Erector Set.

Nice Fred!

Thanks, Dan

Fred now these are hot!

I like the last one!! Lady(Or man i think) vs, Acela LOL! (Even tho the train wasnt moving!)

Yeah he likes to run on the platform. I move aside and go back to taking pics. Thanks for the compliment.

(V)a(V)a(V)rooom Your Acela preview was real nice:tup:

The (L)ocos looked like they was just washed :P

Your parked Acela with the (M)3's are just oy veh (K)<R>

Thanks, KnightRider3099

Great pictures. Love the 945 shot.

Thanks, there were 2 AEM7's there, you can see 2 pants up.

nice dash 7's;) (if i'm wrong, correct me)

dash 8's like Andy sez.

Love the shot of 2008 Fred!

Thanks, Myrtle Local.

Archived