Are Artics only used on routes in the Bronx and Manhattan?

beelinefan

Are artics only used on routes in the Bronx and Manhattan? I am asking because all of the pictures or the artics that I have seen have been in the Bronx and Manhattan.

When the (F) train was shut down from Jay Street to Church Avenue they used artics on the shuttle buses. Same as the (A) train.

Probably financial, as in they may as well keep the artics confined to two boroughs than to spread them out. You have to train drivers to handle those buses and workers to maintain them and the depot to keep parts for the artics on hand.

IE: it's easier to just keep them in as few places as possible.

You mind-reader!:mad:

I remember hearing from a old employee that when artics were being considered. The TA side union(except 126) refused to accept the use of artics because it cuts down on the amount of drivers needed. The fact that drivers only get an extra quarter or so per hour to do a job of 1.5 b/o, quickly killed the idea of running artics in all boros.

I remember hearing from a old employee that when artics were being considered. The TA side union(except 126) refused to accept the use of artics because it cuts down on the amount of drivers needed. The fact that drivers only get an extra quarter or so per hour to do a job of 1.5 b/o, quickly killed the idea of running artics in all boros.

Cheap________!!!:mad:

Archived