Urban's Cross-Bronx Trip 1/24

I'm returning back to the city on Thursday evening and I figure what better way take in the city again than with a railfan trip: The idea I'm proposing has something to do with hitting the IRT's best points. It's a combination rail/bus trip so if you use a pay per ride and decide to come, make sure you're prepared.

Meeting place is @ 125th Street on the (1). We'll probably meet in the waiting area as opposed to one of the platforms.

Meeting time is 11:30. Departure time is @ 11:45. If you arrive after that do not expect anyone to be waiting.

From there: Up to the 225th St stop w/ stops @ but not limited to: Dyckman, 207th/215th (could be both), 225th St.

Then the BX12 Select Bus Service to the (4) Fordham Rd. This will give bus fans a chance to get bus shots while we're waiting (I expect to wait about 10 minutes maybe).

(4) Train down to Yankee Stadium and Grand Concourse. This will give people a chance to go downstairs and take some shots of the (:P(D) if they want. Also the Grand Concourse yard.

(2)/(5) to E180th St: I'll take a vote on whether we go up further on the (2) or the (5) for shots

Need a bus whiz to fill in this blank as to what bus we take to cross over to the (6). I want to get shots at

Whitlock Ave

Elder Ave

Parkchester Ave

Pelham Bay Park bus terminal

I'm taking suggestions within reason but this is the idea of the trip. Lunch I was planning to have in Marble Hill due to the good variety of food choices but if anyone attending has a better idea for a place to stop for lunch I'm open to it. As always, if you're not coming don't post. Thanks in advance.

-Urbanfortitude

We can rejoin the Bx12 +selecbusservice at Pelham Parkway from either the (2) or the (5) to hit the (6) at Pelham Bay.

OR

Take the (2) to 233rd for the Bx31 to Westchester Square.

OR

Take the (2) to 225th St for the Bx8 to Westchester Square.

I did think about rejoinin the BX12. But since I wanted to expand a bit on the bus variety, I think maybe the (2) to 233rd street might be more beneficial. I also haven't figured out times but assuming everything goes smoothly could probably hit up the Dyre Avenue on the (5) for some shots there. Or even branch out to City Island. The date of this trip is also set for whichever is more convenient for those who go. So it's a choice of the 23rd or the 24th.

I did think about rejoinin the BX12. But since I wanted to expand a bit on the bus variety, I think maybe the (2) to 233rd street might be more beneficial. I also haven't figured out times but assuming everything goes smoothly could probably hit up the Dyre Avenue on the (5) for some shots there. Or even branch out to City Island. The date of this trip is also set for whichever is more convenient for those who go. So it's a choice of the 23rd or the 24th.

I'm already hosting a trip on the 23rd.

Archived