MTA is going to okay $100M transit worker pay hikes, but will appeal increases year 3

CPBO

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you may think we're joking but unfortunately there are some higher-ups who have the mentality that you have no life outside of the TA. Tour and RDO changes are a way of life for the extra extra people. It wasn't like that years ago and there's really no reason for it now. Your wife, husband, children home with H1N1 ? So what. We need you here, worry about that on your time. I haven't experienced that myself but too many people have told me that's the attitude in the (s)crew office in RTO these days.

The sad thing is that some transit employees really don't have a life out of the TA. Like coming here to talk about the TA. Hmm.

It's funny how when they had a billion dollar surplus multiple years and claimed they couldn't afford a raise, and now they have no money they can't afford a raise. Why believe a company that projects debts years ahead, when they really have no idea how much they will make since not all their income is from fares. The MTA is one of the biggest scams going on.

It's funny, for some reason I have more respect for Kalikow than Wlader whatever his name is. At least Kalikow said no rasie screw you we aren't giving it to you because we don't want to and you knew where you stand with him, he is just a scumbag. Where's Walderman is trying to cry poverty from a company paying him and his cronies 6 figure salaries to sit down and screw up a system already srewed up, and have the 10% unemployed feel sorry for them. I could have screwed up the system for a 5 figure salary. Money being wasted left and right.

It's funny how when they had a billion dollar surplus multiple years and claimed they couldn't afford a raise, and now they have no money they can't afford a raise. Why believe a company that projects debts years ahead, when they really have no idea how much they will make since not all their income is from fares. The MTA is one of the biggest scams going on.

It's funny, for some reason I have more respect for Kalikow than Wlader whatever his name is. At least Kalikow said no rasie screw you we aren't giving it to you because we don't want to and you knew where you stand with him, he is just a scumbag. Where's Walderman is trying to cry poverty from a company paying him and his cronies 6 figure salaries to sit down and screw up a system already srewed up, and have the 10% unemployed feel sorry for them. I could have screwed up the system for a 5 figure salary. Money being wasted left and right.

Nah, we heard the same crap from Kalikow. Nothing like being told that there'll be a $350 million deficit, taking a contract zero for a year, then find out a week after the contract vote in the Daily News that there'll be a $280 million surplus. Of course the MTA said that a deal's a deal and we were shafted.

I always found it funny that a guy with a collection of 15 cars worth millions could run a public transport agency.

The sad thing is that some transit employees really don't have a life out of the TA. Like coming here to talk about the TA. Hmm.

You better hope you arent on the computer looking at this site on TA time..

Think about that next time you post during the day...

Does anyone know when the first raise kicks in? I was told it might have been in this past check but no raise.. Also, how will it work for me??

I just started as a B/O. I started Dec. 7. So will I be bumped up from $18.845/hr to what it should have been last year, plus the 2% for the first raise this year? Just curious.

If I calculate it correctly, it should look something like 18.845 + 4% = $19.5988 + 2% = $19.90/hr roughly.. ?? Then later this year another 2%... ???

What kind of increment can I expect to bring me up in my 2nd year towards top pay?

Thanks in Advance

I just started as a B/O. I started Dec. 7. So will I be bumped up from $18.845/hr to what it should have been last year, plus the 2% for the first raise this year?

$18.845 + 2% = $19.22 + 2% = $19.60 apx. in Feb + 2% April raise = $19.99 apx.

I'd estimate around a $2 per hour raise when you reach your second year.

Does anyone know when the first raise kicks in? I was told it might have been in this past check but no raise.. Also, how will it work for me??

I just started as a B/O. I started Dec. 7. So will I be bumped up from $18.845/hr to what it should have been last year, plus the 2% for the first raise this year? Just curious.

If I calculate it correctly, it should look something like 18.845 + 4% = $19.5988 + 2% = $19.90/hr roughly.. ?? Then later this year another 2%... ???

What kind of increment can I expect to bring me up in my 2nd year towards top pay?

Thanks in Advance

Usually the first raise after probation is only about $1 or a lil bit more. You won't see a significant raise until after the 2nd year. By that time you can expect about a $3 or a lil bit more rasie.

Usually the first raise after probation is only about $1 or a lil bit more. You won't see a significant raise until after the 2nd year. By that time you can expect about a $3 or a lil bit more rasie.

You're talking about the progression raises and he is talking about the contractual raises, 2 different things.

Thanks in Advance

Dude If I was you.....I would concentrate of driving the bus safely staying off the radar....and when the raise comes it comes.....look at the check and be like....ooooo cool I got this.....you have a long year of probabtion with no real union representation......:eek::confused:

You're talking about the progression raises and he is talking about the contractual raises, 2 different things.

Actually I was trying to figure out both.. lol I was curious how much I would be bumped up when the raise kicks in.. And how the progression raise is calculated..

thanks

Dude If I was you.....I would concentrate of driving the bus safely staying off the radar....and when the raise comes it comes.....look at the check and be like....ooooo cool I got this.....you have a long year of probabtion with no real union representation......:eek::confused:

I know and I am. believe me. Everytime I get behind the wheel I'm constantly reminding myself what I should and shouldnt be doing when I catch myself doing something else.. I cant wait till I get past this 1st year. You still cant drop your guard, but at least have a slight piece of mind.. lol

thanks

I know and I am. believe me. Everytime I get behind the wheel I'm constantly reminding myself what I should and shouldnt be doing when I catch myself doing something else.. I cant wait till I get past this 1st year. You still cant drop your guard, but at least have a slight piece of mind.. lol

thanks

Just call out stops and make 2 hand turns ie push n pull......and no accidents and you should be good......but really the money thing....don't worry about it cause even the union does not know......when it comes it comes.....that is what I have learned working here.....

Just call out stops and make 2 hand turns ie push n pull......and no accidents and you should be good......but really the money thing....don't worry about it cause even the union does not know......when it comes it comes.....that is what I have learned working here.....

Cool. Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.. :tup:

you have a long year of probabtion with no real union representation......:eek::confused:

Hopefully with the new people in the union, after his probation, he will get union representation if needed. Lord knows, we haven't gotten it at all, under United Conquered.........

I am happy with my 26.99 per hour rate as a T/O in schoolcar,if I do get a raise it is great,but I still have over 5 months of schoolcar which includes 3 practicals,a signal test and 6 months of probation after that until I can even think of breathing easier.

My end of probation is 1/11/11.still a loooooooooooooooong way to go.

I suggest other rookies here think the same way.

I am happy with my 26.99 per hour rate as a T/O in schoolcar,if I do get a raise it is great,but I still have over 5 months of schoolcar which includes 3 practicals,a signal test and 6 months of probation after that until I can even think of breathing easier.

My end of probation is 1/11/11.still a loooooooooooooooong way to go.

I suggest other rookies here think the same way.

Yeah but it won't be as long you think it will be. Just try and do the LEAST amount of OT you can while on probation. And try to work more night shifts than am shifts if you can. You wan't to limit your amount of exposure to the job while on probation. You have no union representation during your first year and can be let go very easily. But that year will go by fast and before you know you'll have 4 years like I do and you won't believe how fast the time past you by.

I hope with the increase the MTA will get there acts together so they can start hiring from the list.

Quite the opposite scenario. If these service cuts go through expect layoffs in the B/O dept. I don't see the 8006 list starting until next year.

Jay Walder said on a recent radio morning show that he expects the MTA workforce to be smaller then what it is today.

Quite the opposite scenario. If these service cuts go through expect layoffs in the B/O dept. I don't see the 8006 list starting until next year.

Jay Walder said on a recent radio morning show that he expects the MTA workforce to be smaller then what it is today.

hmm time for me to go out there and try to get over 40,000 or more signatures to show the ta we need service not to cut it and atleast feb 1st i start training for access a ride for now and work .

Yeah but it won't be as long you think it will be. Just try and do the LEAST amount of OT you can while on probation. And try to work more night shifts than am shifts if you can. You wan't to limit your amount of exposure to the job while on probation. You have no union representation during your first year and can be let go very easily. But that year will go by fast and before you know you'll have 4 years like I do and you won't believe how fast the time past you by.

I'll second what Will said: DO NOT WORK OVERTIME WHILE ON PROBATION!

In regards to shift, I believe that midnights are the hardest shift for a T/O to work, which is the exact opposite for other titles such as Station Agent, Cleaner and Conductor where it is the easiest. Reason being that signal maintainers and track gangs are plentiful on nights and cause the biggest challenge for a T/O, especially when drowsiness sets in. I believe that AM's and PM's are the easier shifts for a T/O in that you only have to worry about red signals and the occasional signal maintainer.

feb 1st i start training for access a ride for now and work .

Good luck on your Access-a-Ride appointment. That's excellent training to become a Bus Operator.

thats BS. he has union representation probation or not. if they take dues they have to represent you. if they refuse then you can sue the union for theft of service. end of story.

Archived