‘Emergency Brake’ Confuses Many on Subway

Harry

IAWTP. 100%. All the degrees in the world and all the book knowledge does not compensate for first hand common sense and critical thinking, and all too many people certainly lack that. You can take a course in responding to emergencies, but if you never PRACTICE how to respond in an emergency, or take a few seconds to plan out what you would do, when the shit hits the fan, all your education is goin to go out the window and be replaced with the stupidity of most people: "OMG!!! What do I need to do??? I need to do something??? I'm going to [look around and do the very first thing that comes to mind that I can justify to myself right now in these 3 seconds]"

LOL

It depends. yes they are suppose to, but the T/O's position is the first into the station. If I came in and hear gunshots and see people scattering, I don't want my C/R to pull the cord. Why should we become sitting ducks? I want to bypass that station. That rule needs to be revised. I would give my C/R one long buzz, while still taking power, to bypass. They decide to pull the cord anyways, my front will be out the station, and I will be running down the tracks.........

LOL Man, why not just lay...oops, not all trains have full length cabs, nor can they stop a bullet like I think an R160 can (not the glass, not the glass, now, I'm talking frame). Probably could shoot right through a 42 or 44... ...Man got to pretty wild to have shoot out in a train station.

Archived