L Runs On a Special Timetable Six Days in January

Trainspotter

L Runs On a Special Timetable Six Days in January

Between Wednesday, January 9 and Friday, January 11 and between Wednesday, January 16 and Friday, January 18, a special timetable will be in effect between Broadway Junction and Rockaway Parkway during the midday hours of 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. L trains will run every 24 minutes. This is being done in order to make necessary switch repairs. MTA NYC Transit regrets any inconvenience to our customers.

I'm just wondering, if it's 24 minute headways on the L from Rockaway Parkway to Broadway Junction, doesn't that mean there are only about 2 trains running on the line or so?

Sure sounds like it. The length of the (L) route is short enough for it to be true.

Thats currect most of the time its one (L) train running from Canarcie to Bway Juction. I just read the G.O and they doing Switch repairs S/O Broadway Jct. Here will be the service changes

2 Sections

1. (L) Service from Bway Jct to 8 AVE

Broadway Jct Bound (L) Trains will terminate on the Manhattan Bound Track and then proceed back to 8 AV.

Trains should have a normal headway every 6 to 8 Minutes

2. (L) Service from Canarcie to Broadway Jct

(L) Service to Broadway Jct will terminate on the Manhattan Bound (J) Line and then proceed back to Canarcie running every 24 Minutes

(J) Manhattan bound service will arrive on the Middle track.

Thats currect most of the time its one (L) train running from Canarcie to Bway Juction. I just read the G.O and they doing Switch repairs S/O Broadway Jct. Here will be the service changes

2 Sections

1. (L) Service from Bway Jct to 8 AVE

Broadway Jct Bound (L) Trains will terminate on the Manhattan Bound Track and then proceed back to 8 AV.

Trains should have a normal headway every 6 to 8 Minutes

2. (L) Service from Canarcie to Broadway Jct

(L) Service to Broadway Jct will terminate on the Manhattan Bound (J) Line and then proceed back to Canarcie running every 24 Minutes

(J) Manhattan bound service will arrive on the Middle track.

I should've known it was going to be that set up. Ran into a midday G.O. like that back in August and was planning to head to Canarsie, but then the (L) towards departed right when we were walking down the stairs so we were gone on the next (J) to Manhattan. Good thing we did because we ran into something better.

That had nothing to do with the G.O thats only in effect Wed to FRI. However I also waited 15 Minutes at Union Sq for a 8 AVE bound (L) Train at 2:15 PM Mon. At first I looked at the sign and said "Yeah right" since I know the schedule but to my suprise it was 15 Minutes for the train to arrive. Then it all made sence when I reported for work the T/O is one of my classmates who is know to operate slow from day 1.

That had nothing to do with the G.O thats only in effect Wed to FRI. However I also waited 15 Minutes at Union Sq for a 8 AVE bound (L) Train at 2:15 PM Mon. At first I looked at the sign and said "Yeah right" since I know the schedule but to my suprise it was 15 Minutes for the train to arrive. Then it all made sence when I reported for work the T/O is one of my classmates who is know to operate slow from day 1.

Everyone can't be fast. Ain't you in the "just get there" division now? You did leave the Interboro Rapid Transit.

Archived