Weekend (7) service Jan 12th to Feb 11th

Pablo M 201

For the next 5 weekends:

There is no train service between Main St and Woodside-61st stations. Free Long Island Rail Road trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service.

Pretty self explanatory. Looks like this is gonna LOADS of fun so major photo ops.

BTW, this was seen coming for quite a little time. Additional stairwell was added at the Flushing LIRR station a while ago and was for this G.O. Will be removed once the G.O. is over.

For more info on the LIRR shuttle service, please go to the LIRR section of the forum.

More details on the service changes.

No trains between Main St and Woodside-61 St

Free Long Island Rail Road trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Five weekends, Jan 12 -14, 19 -21, 26 – 28, Feb 2 – 4, and 9 – 11

12:01 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon

Why is the service being changed?

This is the second phase of our installment of a new signal system on the 7 line. Currently, when a local train is rerouted to skip stations due to an emergency or track work, it must skip the 74 St transfer station. This switch relocation ensures that the 7 train can stop at 74 St.

When completed, the new signal system will allow trains to cross between tracks and keep trains moving at safe speeds with safe spacing. This signal system is part of our overall efforts to provide reliable, safe train service into the future.

Weekdays beginning January 11, there is no express service, all 7 trains will run local until February 29.

Weekends beginning January 12, there will be no 7 trains between Main St and Woodside-61 St until February 11.

LIRR trains (Flushing-Main St, PortWashington) and shuttle buses will provide free transportation. See chart below:

To Manhattan

From this station Take this service To this destination Transfer to

Main St LIRR* Woodside-61 St 7

(walk 2 blocks to Penn Station A C E 1 2 3

Flushing LIRR station)

Shuttle bus 74 St E F R

Shuttle bus Woodside-61 St 7

Willets Point, Shuttle bus to Main St Woodside-61 St 7

111, 103 Sts, transfer to LIRR* (walk Penn Station A C E 1 2 3

& Junction Blvd 2 blocks to Flushing

LIRR station)

90, 82, 74, 69 Sts Shuttle bus 74 St E F

Shuttle bus or Woodside-61 St 7

Woodside-61 St LIRR* Penn Station A C E 1 2 3

52, 46, 40, 33 Sts Main St-bound 7 Woodside-61 St LIRR or

Manhattan- bound 7

To Queens

From this station Take this service To this destination Transfer to

Take the A C E 1 2 3 LIRR* Woodside-61 St Shuttle bus

to 34 St-Penn Station (on the lower level) Main St

Take 7 to Shuttle bus 69, 74, 82, 90 Sts, —

Woodside-61 St Junction Blvd, 103,

111 Sts, Willets Point,

Main St

Times Sq to Main St-bound 7 33, 40, 46, 52 Sts —

Queensboro Plaza

*LIRR trains run approximately every 15 minutes

LIRR station First train Last train

Flushing 5:45 AM Sat 12:15 AM Sun

6:45 AM Sun 11:15 PM Sun

34 St-Penn Station 7 AM Sat 1:30 AM Sun

7 AM Sun 12:30 AM Mon

Note: At Penn Station, you may take either the Port Washington or Flushing-Main St trains. Check the LIRR monitors for track assignments.

Note: Friday nights only, the last 7 leaves Main St at 11:40 PM and the last 7 leaves Times Sq for Main St at 11:20 PM. After this time, 7 trains leaving Times Square run toWoodside-61 St only. Shuttle buses make all station stops to/from Main St.

Station Shuttle Bus Stop Bus Stop

Main St on 39 Av between ---

Main and Prince Sts

Willets Point on Roosevelt Av Q48

at Willets Point

111 St on Roosevelt Av Q48

at 111 St

103 St on Roosevelt Av ---

at National St

(toward Main St)

on Roosevelt Av ---

at 103 St (toward Woodside)

Junction Blvd on Roosevelt Av -- -

at Junction Blvd

90 St on Roosevelt Av -- -

at Elmhurst Av

(toward Main St)

on Roosevelt Av at 90 St -- -

(toward Woodside)

82 St on Roosevelt Av at 82 St Q32

74 St on Roosevelt Av Q32

at Broadway

(toward Main St)

on Roosevelt Av at 74 St Q32

(toward Woodside)

69 St on Roosevelt Av at 69 St Q32

Woodside-61 St on Roosevelt Av at 61 St Q32

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/subsrvn7.htm

Wow, what a G.O.! Question, are the Switches north of Woodside-61 St still in place and ready for use? It would make sense to leave the old switches in, until the new ones are ready to go, but im just curious;). They have to be right?, Cause then how would Woodside bound Trains from Manhattan Turn Around?:)

Wow, what a G.O.! Question, are the Switches north of Woodside-61 St still in place and ready for use? It would make sense to leave the old switches in, until the new ones are ready to go, but im just curious;). They have to be right?, Cause then how would Woodside bound Trains from Manhattan Turn Around?:)

They are. They will be until the new switches at 74th Street are added in. It's similar to when they removed that switch north of Queensboro Plaza, right after the switch leading from the local to the express track.

I was there today and the switches are still there.

We will remove them once we're finished with the switches on 74st.

no, i'll be taking the 7 first, then getting off at 61st for the shuttle bus, then going back in at 74th

Long as you do it before the transfer expires (which it shouldn't), it does not cost extra. Swipe for the (7) train (pay $2), get on free shuttle bus (no swipe necessary), swipe for (R) train (free transfer).

Hope this helps you in your journey Lil bro'.

their not giving out those paper tickets anymore?

They only do that when there is an unplanned emergency, so customers can take regular buses (if needed), since shuttle buses aren't around during this time. When there is a planned G.O., they won't do that since there are free shuttle buses.

They only do that when there is an unplanned emergency, so customers can take regular buses (if needed), since shuttle buses aren't around during this time. When there is a planned G.O., they won't do that since there are free shuttle buses.

They do on planned G.O.s at time pending if shuttle bus service provided connects another subway line or joins a particular subway line at another point. For example, the (A) G.O. from April of last year, shuttle buses connected Jay Street and Utica Avenue, G.O. slips were given to get back into the system.

are they going to give the papers for those who need to transfer to the lower level @ Roosevelt?

tomorrow i might want to take the 7 line coming home to get photos of the GO and shuttle bus and articulated's in queens, but then if im going to have to pay an extra fare than never mind lol

They do on planned G.O.s at time pending if shuttle bus service provided connects another subway line or joins a particular subway line at another point. For example, the (A) G.O. from April of last year, shuttle buses connected Jay Street and Utica Avenue, G.O. slips were given to get back into the system.

That's true to get back on the same train, they will.

are they going to give the papers for those who need to transfer to the lower level @ Roosevelt?

tomorrow i might want to take the 7 line coming home to get photos of the GO and shuttle bus and articulated's in queens, but then if im going to have to pay an extra fare than never mind lol

That's the thing. For those who take the (7) get off and want to get back on the (7) further up the line they would get it and the booth persons will honor it. For those who want another train, don't know if those stations will honor it. Either way I don't think you will pay extra. Just don't let your transfer on your card expire.

Long as you do it before the transfer expires (which it shouldn't), it does not cost extra. Swipe for the (7) train (pay $2), get on free shuttle bus (no swipe necessary), swipe for (R) train (free transfer).

I thought they didn't allow transfers from train to train. I thought it had to be either bus to bus, bus to train, or train to bus.

For example, yesterday I took the (2) from Simpson Street to 72nd Street, got off, and then about 40 minutes later, I got on the (C) from 81st Street to 59th Street. I had to pay the full fare both times.

That's the thing. For those who take the (7) get off and want to get back on the (7) further up the line they would get it and the booth persons will honor it. For those who want another train, don't know if those stations will honor it. Either way I don't think you will pay extra. Just don't let your transfer on your card expire.

oh ok i get it now

Wait a minute---since one would normally be able to make this transfer in-system, isn't one supposed to get a G.O. paper transfer to make this connection? (Assume that the trip started on the (7) and then a shuttle bus connection to the (R).)

This seems to indicate that the G.O causes someone to LOSE what should be an inside fare-control transfer.

BTW, it may be just me, but IMO, the Q53 when the shuttle is in effect should be cut back to 74/Roosevelt, to save time in trying to navigate the layover area.

Wait a minute---since one would normally be able to make this transfer in-system, isn't one supposed to get a G.O. paper transfer to make this connection? (Assume that the trip started on the (7) and then a shuttle bus connection to the (R).)

This seems to indicate that the G.O causes someone to LOSE what should be an inside fare-control transfer.

BTW, it may be just me, but IMO, the Q53 when the shuttle is in effect should be cut back to 74/Roosevelt, to save time in trying to navigate the layover area.

Let's take your assumption. You get on the (7) train and swipe your card. You pay $2. You want the (R) train, but have to get off the (7) and take a shuttle bus, to the (R). Long as you get to the (R) train within 2 hrs (time on your transfer you have till it expires, when you swipe again at the (R) it's a free transfer. You do not swipe on the shuttle bus.

I get what you are saying, as one does not need to swipe when normally transferring from the 7 to the R. They actually might give out those block tickets, or the turnstiles (since they are computerized) might be programmed to not take off an extra fare, for those who came off the 7 train if they swipe their cards. But then again the TA is slow with technology.

Archived