Shuttle Service between Penn Sta and Flushing starting 1/12

Pablo M 201

Shuttle Service between Penn Station and Flushing-Main Street Weekends Starting January 12

The MTA Long Island Rail Road will be providing shuttle service between Penn Station and Flushing-Main Street Station on the Port Washington Branch for up to five consecutive weekends starting January 12-13 for MTA New York City Transit subway customers affected by the suspension of service on the 7 Line between Flushing-Main Street Station and Woodside-61st Street Station. Regular Port Washington Branch weekend service will be in effect.

LIRR shuttles will operate approximately every fifteen minutes in both directions beginning at 5 AM on Saturday through 1 AM on Sunday, and again at 5 AM on Sunday through 1 AM on Monday on the affected weekends. Shuttle stops will include Penn Station, Woodside and Flushing-Main Street Stations. LIRR and NYC Transit personnel will be on hand at all affected stations to assist transferring customers. There is no charge for the shuttle service.

"The Long Island Rail Road is poised and ready to provide alternative shuttle train service to accommodate 7 Line riders during the upcoming weekends as NYC Transit performs work to modernize its signal system," said LIRR President Helena Williams. "While this service is being provided, we ask our customers to be patient as our trains will be more crowded than normal."

For additional information, customers may contact the LIRR's 24-hour Travel Information Center in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR, in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR or in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center's TDD telephone number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022.

I think they should've made it every ten minutes, but I guess 15 is cool enough.

Those who don't ride LIRR often, heres your free ride.

Cool, I might use this opportunity to go to Joes Best Burger!

Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

And the only fare I'll have to pay is for PATH!

My bus fare or HBLR fare is already covered, and LIRR is free between NY Penn and Flushing. W00 H00!

Harry, Joe's Best Burger is a great burger shack thats on Main Street in Flushing, just outside the entrance to the subway.

Archived