T/O Test 8098

nfa74

It took me 6 to 12 pending on the exam. Since we got a freeze going on and job cuts no one getting called for anything unless something changes.

With the upcoming job cuts in the B division pick, effective 6/27/10, there might be too many in the ranks of RTO with no assigned jobs. Therefore there wouldn't be any need for new hires in the immediate future. Let them take their own sweet time establishing a list so it won't expire so quickly. Maybe things will change for the better by the list's expiration date. With the ATD and tower operator jobs being cut back it's going to create a domino effect with C/Rs having the promotional ladder being curtailed and the open competitive people being blocked at the bottom rung behind the C/Rs. " Uncle Fester"s got a lot of people screwed up in a very short time and it might get worse.

yeah but they could still give us our scores without establishing the list. i mean, talk about a cliffhanger! lol. i know most ppl graded their own tests and know what they got and i did too, but i was one of the only 15 people that bothered to show up for the protest review session and would love to know if i got an extra point or 2 (or 3). it now looks like the extra points may be required for me to get a call (i got 3 wrong and protested all 3). its not even like the (MTA) grades the test, there's an agency JUST FOR THIS called DCAS. grade the damn test already!

yeah but they could still give us our scores without establishing the list. i mean, talk about a cliffhanger! lol. i know most ppl graded their own tests and know what they got and i did too, but i was one of the only 15 people that bothered to show up for the protest review session and would love to know if i got an extra point or 2 (or 3). it now looks like the extra points may be required for me to get a call (i got 3 wrong and protested all 3). its not even like the (MTA) grades the test, there's an agency JUST FOR THIS called DCAS. grade the damn test already!

Do I detect someone looking for bragging rights? Maybe a side bet? DCAS might figure that there's no rush to score it and/or establish a list when the (MTA) has no need for it. Even a perfect score means nothing with the 1 in 3 system for hiring so don't dwell on it. Like some of my fellow employees have pointed out, you took the test and(hopefully) passed it. Now move on with your life and forget about it. When they're good and ready the final scores will be posted, a list established, and you'll still have to wait. Don't sweat it.

wait, i thought 1 in 3 was only for the promotional list to weed out the people with bad sick leave

Think again. That goes for everyone. Let's say you get 100 % on this test. Perfect score, right. John or Jane Doe gets 1 question wrong.......but they get extra credit for veterans preference or residency or something. They will get called before you. See where I'm heading with this ? If no one has anything bad on their record, open competitive or promotional, by your reasoning they might never reach you.Like I said, don't sweat it. I've oversimplified the example but with layoffs and cuts if I were you I would hope the list is finalized 2 or 3 years from now, not soon.

Archived