Ex-Green Bus Lines #1171-5926

MTAB_TMC_5926.jpg

Ex-Bee-Line #442-142

MTAB_Orion_142.jpg

And Two Other Photos

NYCB_Nova_5152.jpg

Before the switch to LGA

MTAB_Orion_9967.jpg

Enjoy and Stay tuned in for more photos of the PBL TMCs.

Sweet catches, Emmanuel! It's great that you're showing the love of these last ex-PBL RTSs.

It's very sad that they're running out of time. :P

P.S.: How odd would it be that the final ex-PBL RTSs are ex-GBLs (5995 used to be at Green Bus Lines before being transferred to Jamaica Busses, Inc.). It'd be interesting if 5926 will be the final one in service.

Very nice pics!

Thanks (G)(C)

Nice photos. So which two PBLS are left. 5926 and XX9X (both 5995 and 9791 have a 9 in the third place)

Thanks, 5926 and 5995.

Great work!

Thanks LRG.

Nice NIGHT shots. The irony of the two left: Both were originally Green Lines buses.

Thanks,9791 was in better shape then 5926,Irony Strikes.

sad . :'( . nomore of those buses . and lga has retired 9303 and ( 9312 engine blew out the other day so it was towed to ech yesterday ) .

Nice pics and catches!

Thanks Kris.

(K)night(S)hots how (S)weet it is:tup: Eman

Thanks (K)<R>

Sweet catches, Emmanuel! It's great that you're showing the love of these last ex-PBL RTSs.

It's very sad that they're running out of time. :P

P.S.: How odd would it be that the final ex-PBL RTSs are ex-GBLs (5995 used to be at Green Bus Lines before being transferred to Jamaica Busses, Inc.). It'd be interesting if 5926 will be the final one in service.

Thanks,Well it is the Ex-Green Bus Lines Depot so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when Green lines started receiving the TMCs. they added the old GL logo on the sides. I have to see if i can find pics to show those who have no clue what logo im talking about Lol

So there was no GL logo on the side before when those TMCs first came in?

End of an era... and the last 2x2 RTS seated bus [if I'm correct]. It just isn't the same :(

At least I got to ride 5995 and 5926 on the Q35, so it's not too bad as I have rode them, but still... :(

Yeah 2x2 seating, I wish I got a recording of one of them.

End of an era... and the last 2x2 RTS seated bus [if I'm correct]. It just isn't the same :(

At least I got to ride 5995 and 5926 on the Q35, so it's not too bad as I have rode them, but still... :(

There is still one 2 x 2-seated RTS bus on the roster: 9311 (currently assigned to Queens Village).

So there was no GL logo on the side before when those TMCs first came in?

they had the GL name logo. and so did the fleet prior. the logo im talking about was the old "sheild" logo but updated with an RTS on it. And it was silver. I tried to find a pic of it but the closest i found was an older version of the logo when GL first got the RTS in '79.

Here's a pic of the original logo on the side of a GL bus.

Green1011_Q11_WoodhvnQueens_11-25-7.jpg

Pic from bustalk.info.

Photograph taken November 25, 1979 by Doug Grotjahn; collection of Joe Testagrose

the (then new) TMC RTS' had the last GL livery and the "updated" logo was behind the front wheels on each side.

• 1 month later...

Archived