Some things I've been working on...

Kriston Lewis

For a while, I've been working on several map projects. For those of you who visit SubChat, you might have seen it already. And those of you here, you may have had a look at a couple of strip maps I've posted here in the galleries. I've held out on posting these here until I have something resembling a complete product.

Click the image to download the respective map: (all PDFs)

This map below depicts service as it is now, in the present.

e8u8uv.png

Click here for the companion service guide

This map depicts future service if the service reductions are approved and enacted.

2mn124g.jpg

Hope you guys like them.

Really impressive. This is the kind of work I would like to get into. Excellent job. I am a map freak. Been collecting and reading maps for a long time. I lost a lot over the years but I'm posting whatever I can find.

Thanks for sharing them with us. :cool:

Nice map!

Why does this design look awful familiar?

One error: In both maps, it says on the LIRR Main Line note that it continues to Greenpoint.

EDIT: Also missing Boland's Landing LIRR employee station and Highbridge MNCRR employee station. Bay Head is 2 words, peak direction <4> skips 138, Cortlandt (R)(W) missing.

Really impressive. This is the kind of work I would like to get into. Excellent job. I am a map freak. Been collecting and reading maps for a long time. I lost a lot over the years but I'm posting whatever I can find.

Thanks for sharing them with us. :cool:

Thanks for looking and convincing me to post them here.

Nice map!

Why does this design look awful familiar?

Here's why.

One error: In both maps, it says on the LIRR Main Line note that it continues to Greenpoint.

EDIT: Also missing Boland's Landing LIRR employee station and Highbridge MNCRR employee station. Bay Head is 2 words, peak direction <4> skips 138, Cortlandt (R)(W) missing.

Noted.

Just wondering, would you mind changing the color theme on the maps from darkish to light? I'd like to print it out and use it as my pocket map, but all that dark ink...

I've tried that before with mixed results, but I'll give it another go.

Great work on these maps!!! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Speaking of printing, I'd save this file, go to a Kinko's, and then print it there on paper similar to the size of the map.

I'm not liable if they kick you out for using too much ink. :P

Great work! Really likin' them.

Thanks.

Archived