Rare GP Units on a BNSF Manifest Run!

Brighton Local

These Boys are usually on yard duty. Today, they were in full service! Check out the Black & Green EX-Burlington Northern Loco in the middle!!

DSC_0007a.jpg

DSC_0023a.jpg

DSC_0031a.jpg

DSC_0038a.jpg

DSC_0082a.jpg

My Question is, where were all the ES44s, SD70ACe's, etc? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a pleasure to see Retro equipment in a revenue run, but I was shocked to see something different rather than the usual Pumpkins on the BNSF..

Zach

BNSF still runs Geeps and SD's on wayfreights (locals/transfers)

Locals, in freight terms, stays within a certain distance? My buddy yesterday told me these Geeps travel maybe 20-30 miles all together, from Phoenix, then another Short Line RR, picks up the cars, and they bring back, whatever the short line, brings to BNSF, which then they drag back to Phoenix.

Locals, in freight terms, stays within a certain distance? My buddy yesterday told me these Geeps travel maybe 20-30 miles all together, from Phoenix, then another Short Line RR, picks up the cars, and they bring back, whatever the short line, brings to BNSF, which then they drag back to Phoenix.

locals are where they switch local customers and transfers are runs to and from diffrent yards/interchanges

• 2 weeks later...

Archived