#8006 - Bus Operator - info

answers

Hi All

It looks like the "lingo" used by DCAS is very confusing for most ( if not all) "normal" people out there like you and me... sounds familiar???:confused:

Well i had the same problem when I first started to call for some...answers..

I got really frustrated not being able to understand what they were telling me...eligible..certified...called...appointed...outstanding certification...for Gos sake..."SPEAK AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":mad:

So i decided to dig ...deeper that is....

I had managed to get some different phone # which put me in contact with some people who were able to give me more complex info and I played stupid and started to ask more and more questions and also i asked for "definitions" on things

So this is what I found out so far...

First off....."LAST ELIGIBLE CERTIFIED" means the last list #sent to MTA ( from DCAS) ... this means that now MTA has your list # and name in their hands ( this does not mean you were called for the drug test yet)

So...with this knowledge in mind here where we stand

Previous list 5025 - all # have been sent to MTA - out of those they still have to appoint ( call for drug test..etc... ) about 1200 - based on last week info

From List 8006 - DCAS has already sent to MTA the first 191 list numbers - none of these people have been called for drug test yet

Now...from time to time, MTA has been known to start calling from a new list BEFORE finishing the previous list - from what i understand this might happen when all list # ( from the previous list) have been called already and they have left only the people left behind ( those who had to resolve some problems or they were not ready or...whatever...remember..each list will be "combed through"again at the end...)

So with this ....hopefully MTA will start calling from # 8006 BEFORE this summer....when I called before xmas i was given an estimate of about 6 mos...which means...summer....

Now, as an forever hopeful....i honest to God hope it will not take this long...

Hope this helps some of you out there better understanding what is going on....:);)

That was a very funny and informative post, thanks for the info. Most of it we already know though. I highly doubt it that they would call anybody from ANY B/O list before the end of this summer if these service cuts go through.

Just at Casey Stengel,I believe they want to eliminate/reduce service on 4 bus of their bus routes.

Things have changed since you called them last X-mas. Everything is getting pushed back unfortunately.

so what you are saying is....8006 will start running like a year from now? or more?

Now that would suck....;):mad:

OR>>>> maybe the big shot bosses will take a 95% pay cut and donate their 6 or 7 figure bonuses !!!!!:tup:...see ...problem solved

Keep up the faith and hope kids....insanity is costly these days........

so what you are saying is....8006 will start running like a year from now? or more?

OR>>>> maybe the big shot bosses will take a 95% pay cut and donate their 6 or 7 figure bonuses !!!!!:tup:...see ...problem solved

Hey now! Who are you calling a kid? lol....I have no clue when they will start calling from the 8006 list. There are a few posters on here with very low list numbers, they will let us know when they get the letters in the mail to start the process.

First we deal with DCAS then the MTA...keywords:ABSORB IT. :cool:

You need to be patient & time will come. It took me 18 months to call me for NYCT Traffic Checker & spent 5 years with them until i resign. Good Luck

David:cool:

Hi All

It looks like the "lingo" used by DCAS is very confusing for most ( if not all) "normal" people out there like you and me... sounds familiar???:confused:

Well i had the same problem when I first started to call for some...answers..

I got really frustrated not being able to understand what they were telling me...eligible..certified...called...appointed...outstanding certification...for Gos sake..."SPEAK AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":mad:

So i decided to dig ...deeper that is....

I had managed to get some different phone # which put me in contact with some people who were able to give me more complex info and I played stupid and started to ask more and more questions and also i asked for "definitions" on things

So this is what I found out so far...

First off....."LAST ELIGIBLE CERTIFIED" means the last list #sent to MTA ( from DCAS) ... this means that now MTA has your list # and name in their hands ( this does not mean you were called for the drug test yet)

So...with this knowledge in mind here where we stand

Previous list 5025 - all # have been sent to MTA - out of those they still have to appoint ( call for drug test..etc... ) about 1200 - based on last week info

From List 8006 - DCAS has already sent to MTA the first 191 list numbers - none of these people have been called for drug test yet

Now...from time to time, MTA has been known to start calling from a new list BEFORE finishing the previous list - from what i understand this might happen when all list # ( from the previous list) have been called already and they have left only the people left behind ( those who had to resolve some problems or they were not ready or...whatever...remember..each list will be "combed through"again at the end...)

So with this ....hopefully MTA will start calling from # 8006 BEFORE this summer....when I called before xmas i was given an estimate of about 6 mos...which means...summer....

Now, as an forever hopeful....i honest to God hope it will not take this long...

Hope this helps some of you out there better understanding what is going on....B):(

So "answer man" I got a question for you and for anyone out there. Incidentally, the answer may help to shrink the waiting time for some guys or gals.

I understand test 8006 if for drivers to work in Brooklyn or Queens but let's say once hired a driver wants to transfer to Manhattan or the Bronx. Is it possible to transfer to a garage in the Bronx or Manhattan?

From what I know, they were trying to unify the two divisions whereby one could do that. The answer to that question may guide my decision as to weather I want to take the job (I have a low number). I for one live a long way from Brooklyn and would not like to have to commute such a long distance or move there. Thanks, and good luck to all.

no matter what i see in the threads here its the same questions over and over i tell you now even with the cuts they still have to hire bus operators even the last hiring freeze they still were hiring all along you be surprised when the mail comes and tell you to report to 180 livingston st bklyn and you thought they were not hiring (MTA):tup:

no matter what i see in the threads here its the same questions over and over i tell you now even with the cuts they still have to hire bus operators even the last hiring freeze they still were hiring all along you be surprised when the mail comes and tell you to report to 180 livingston st bklyn and you thought they were not hiring (MTA):tup:

I'm waiting on the list also, in the meantime I'm licensed to help anyone buy or sell real estate in ny. Please keep me in mind and write here if you

know any friends, family or co-workers that might need help.

Thanks to all and may our mailboxes be filled soon.

FDB

• 2 weeks later...

You are the ever eternal optimist Kevin but don't you think those B/O's who were going to retire this year want to stick around a bit longer now that there is a new contract in place with small raises?

What is going to happen next year with the planned fare increase? Walder boy said the MTA workforce has to be downsized. I will stick to my prediction that the 8006 list will start in 2011. We should be thankful that the 8006 list is very short. Hang in there ladies and gentlemen. :)

You are the ever eternal optimist Kevin but don't you think those B/O's who were going to retire this year want to stick around a bit longer now that there is a new contract in place with small raises?

What is going to happen next year with the planned fare increase? Walder boy said the MTA workforce has to be downsized. I will stick to my prediction that the 8006 list will start in 2011. We should be thankful that the 8006 list is very short. Hang in there ladies and gentlemen. B)

Loco trust me they are gonna downsize the non-rep personel and consolidate their functions between the different agencies. I beleive they are gonna go through that process first before they downsize anybody on the operating side besides cleaners and station agents.

So "answer man" I got a question for you and for anyone out there. Incidentally, the answer may help to shrink the waiting time for some guys or gals.

I understand test 8006 if for drivers to work in Brooklyn or Queens but let's say once hired a driver wants to transfer to Manhattan or the Bronx. Is it possible to transfer to a garage in the Bronx or Manhattan?

From what I know, they were trying to unify the two divisions whereby one could do that. The answer to that question may guide my decision as to weather I want to take the job (I have a low number). I for one live a long way from Brooklyn and would not like to have to commute such a long distance or move there. Thanks, and good luck to all.

So....hmmm...8006 it is NOT only for Bklyn and Queens....it pertains to the 5 boroughs

From what i hear this is how it works....

On the 1st day you are going for training you have to fill out a form and one of the things you should now is what Borough you want to work in...i think there are 2 or 3 choices...do your homework before hand...however....

If you pick Queens...you are stuck in Queens...cannot change borough...can change depots only within Queens...

If you pick Brooklyn....well you could go anywhere

Staten Island....just like Queens...cannot change borough

Manhattan....i think it is open....you can change ...not sure though

Bronx....don't have a clue have never been interested...sorry...

Now...MTA will tell you they are doing their best to put you in the borough of your choice ( remember...your picks from the 1st day of training????) but...if choice # 1 is not avail then you'll get choice # 2 and if that's not avail then choice # 3 and if that's not avail either...then you're out of luck you got to go where is open....

And that's all I know....if any one know differently pls let us all know....peace and patience to all and to all a good day....:P

So....hmmm...8006 it is NOT only for Bklyn and Queens....it pertains to the 5 boroughs

From what i hear this is how it works....

On the 1st day you are going for training you have to fill out a form and one of the things you should now is what Borough you want to work in...i think there are 2 or 3 choices...do your homework before hand...however....

If you pick Queens...you are stuck in Queens...cannot change borough...can change depots only within Queens...

If you pick Brooklyn....well you could go anywhere

Staten Island....just like Queens...cannot change borough

Manhattan....i think it is open....you can change ...not sure though

Bronx....don't have a clue have never been interested...sorry...

Now...MTA will tell you they are doing their best to put you in the borough of your choice ( remember...your picks from the 1st day of training????) but...if choice # 1 is not avail then you'll get choice # 2 and if that's not avail then choice # 3 and if that's not avail either...then you're out of luck you got to go where is open....

And that's all I know....if any one know differently pls let us all know....peace and patience to all and to all a good day....:P

That is not how it goes would perfer to go into details but im pressed for time your seniorty within the training class goes by list number and not order because NYCT is so screwed up that they make sure to mix the list numbers up meaning that they are not consecutive. you could be list # 270 and 271 would not be there they might have been in the class before your class and lets not forget the people reinstated to the list there goes the monkey rench

we...we all know all is done up-side down....who to pay attention???

But I think ROADTIMES was concerned of 2 things....1. that all the ppl that passed 8006 are going to be placed in bklyn and Queens only....which is not true...and 2. he wants to know if AFTER you are hired , are you able to transfer to another depot in another borough....that's what i was trying to explain before....just wasn't sure if i got it all right

I know for sure if you are in Bklyn you CAN transfer to another borough

If you are in Queens and Staten Island can only transfer within depots in that borough BUT NOT to another borough

Manhattan and Bronx...i am just not sure...never really checked it out

It sounds like ROADTIMES wants to only work in Bronx or Manhattan and if he would NOT be able to transfer to one of these boroughs after hiring ( if he is not sent to one of them already from the beginning...) then he would not consider anymore waiting for the job...would go get another....at least that's what i got from his post...

we...we all know all is done up-side down....who to pay attention???

But I think ROADTIMES was concerned of 2 things....1. that all the ppl that passed 8006 are going to be placed in bklyn and Queens only....which is not true...and 2. he wants to know if AFTER you are hired , are you able to transfer to another depot in another borough....that's what i was trying to explain before....just wasn't sure if i got it all right

I know for sure if you are in Bklyn you CAN transfer to another borough

If you are in Queens and Staten Island can only transfer within depots in that borough BUT NOT to another borough

Manhattan and Bronx...i am just not sure...never really checked it out

It sounds like ROADTIMES wants to only work in Bronx or Manhattan and if he would NOT be able to transfer to one of these boroughs after hiring ( if he is not sent to one of them already from the beginning...) then he would not consider anymore waiting for the job...would go get another....at least that's what i got from his post...

Correction: Once you pick into a Queens or Staten Island depot you are there for life, you can't transfer to another Queens or S.I. depot. ATU is their representation.

Roadtimes living in Yonkers does bring up a valid concern. He needs/wants to work out of a Bronx or Upper Manhattan

depot to minimize his commute.

This reminds me of when DOB2RTO started training he was sent to south brooklyn and he lived in Yonkers. If I remember correctly he had to take bus/subway combos and it took him at least 2 hrs every morning to get there.

He was from a mabstoa list and after he qualified I believe he went to Kingsbridge or West Farms depot. It all comes down to your list number in class when it comes time to pick your depot. Lowest list number picks 1st.

Roadtimes: Worry first about passing the drug/medical, qualifying. Worse case scenario you go to a Brooklyn depot but you will be able to transfer out of there eventually.

Correction: Once you pick into a Queens or Staten Island depot you are there for life, you can't transfer to another Queens or S.I. depot. ATU is their representation.

Get your facts straight there guy

You can make a change in Queens you will lose your seniority though

Staten Island you can bounce back and forth Get your facts straight

Come correct or dont come at all!

Get your facts straight there guy

You can make a change in Queens you will lose your seniority though

Staten Island you can bounce back and forth Get your facts straight

Come correct or dont come at all!

I would say Locomotion69 is very informative on this subject now is there a new contractual agreement which states this if you have it let me know

I would say Locomotion69 is very informative on this subject now is there a new contractual agreement which states this if you have it let me know

Flash would know the deal since he is a member of ATU Local 1056. I must have misunderstood what I read about this subject awhile ago. It is good that he cleared it up,makes sense to me.

Flash would know the deal since he is a member of ATU Local 1056. I must have misunderstood what I read about this subject awhile ago. It is good that he cleared it up,makes sense to me.

What I should have stated was both of you are very informative, helpful and contribute alot to this board I want to come to Queens this is why I was curious because I heard what you had heard Locomotion69 about the situation in Queens

Roadtimes living in Yonkers does bring up a valid concern. He needs/wants to work out of a Bronx or Upper Manhattan

depot to minimize his commute.

This reminds me of when DOB2RTO started training he was sent to south brooklyn and he lived in Yonkers. If I remember correctly he had to take bus/subway combos and it took him at least 2 hrs every morning to get there.

He was from a mabstoa list and after he qualified I believe he went to Kingsbridge or West Farms depot. It all comes down to your list number in class when it comes time to pick your depot. Lowest list number picks 1st.

Roadtimes: Worry first about passing the drug/medical, qualifying. Worse case scenario you go to a Brooklyn depot but you will be able to transfer out of there eventually.

locomotion you can transfer from brooklyn / bronx/ manhattan to staten island or staten island to the other boroughs. ITS ONLY A ONE TIME DEAL AND ONLY TA WORKERS ONLY NO MABSTOA OR MTA BUS

Archived