#8006 - Bus Operator - info

answers

what about from brooklyn/bronx/manhattan to Queens? thanks.
You raised as very good question it is my belief that you must be a TA Bus Operator in order to do this someone correct me if I am wrong

New York City Transit claims that the Distinction between New York City Transit and MaBSTOA is no more which is not true here is why they have two bargaining Unions TWU and ATU

now the commingling between TA Brooklyn AND MaBSTOA only came about because TWU Local 100 Represents the Bus Operator in the Boroughs of Brooklyn, Manhattan, and The Bronx

as we know Amalgamated Transit Union Represents Bus Operators in the Boroughs of Queens and Staten Island and I don't believe they made any type of Agreement for MaBSTOA Bus Operators to transfer to there Division, in order for a MaBSTOA Bus Opertor to transfer into Queens or Staten Island they must take the Civil Service test and then resign from MaBSTOA

oh really where? and what titles?

It didn't have particulars, just that they were going to be one of the companies at the

Affinia Manhattan

371 Seventh Ave

New York, NY 10001

Phone: (516) 932-0997

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From 10AM - 3PM

$180.50 to renew your CDL these days, prior to Sept/09 it was $130.00. Valid for 8 years. Mine is going to expire in May,if I had known I would have renewed it last year. Eye exam is the only test that is needed. You can renew it by snail mail or online as well. But I prefer going to my local DMV. :tup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After spending 3-1/2 hours enduring the long lines, surly clerks and insane regulations at the Department of Motor Vehicles, a guy stopped at a toy store to pick up a gift for his son. He selected a baseball bat and took it to the cash register.

"Cash or charge?" the clerk asked.

"Cash," he snapped.

He then apologized for his rudeness, telling the clerk that he had spent all afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau.

"Shall I gift wrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going back there?"

$180.50 to renew your CDL these days, prior to Sept/09 it was $130.00. Valid for 8 years. Mine is going to expire in May,if I had known I would have renewed it last year. Eye exam is the only test that is needed. You can renew it by snail mail or online as well. But I prefer going to my local DMV. :tup:

After spending 3-1/2 hours enduring the long lines, surly clerks and insane regulations at the Department of Motor Vehicles, a guy stopped at a toy store to pick up a gift for his son. He selected a baseball bat and took it to the cash register.

"Cash," he snapped.

He then apologized for his rudeness, telling the clerk that he had spent all afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau.

"Shall I gift wrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going back there?"

lmao

"Cash," he snapped.

$180.50? are you seriose? The state robs you without a mask and a gun. Does it go on how many endorsments you have or what class it is? I think I paid 130 in '08 and had to get a physical. And any little thing you do wrong there quick to yank it, and without any pleasure.

"Cash," he snapped.

Mine expires in October of 2012...hopefully I have somthing better by then to pay this price to renew my Class B CDL. It sucks for me that I haven't made any use of my CDL since the road test back in April of 2008 in The Bronx... I haven't been behind the wheel of a commerical vehicle since that time...It really sucks...

$180.50? are you seriose? The state robs you without a mask and a gun. Does it go on how many endorsments you have or what class it is? I think I paid 130 in '08 and had to get a physical. And any little thing you do wrong there quick to yank it, and without any pleasure.

Yes I know. They(politicians)use the NYS DMV to line their pockets. I just got my CDL B 2 years ago and my regular drivers license(class D) expires in 2 months. You had to get a physical because of the DOT Medical card regulations. The only thing about endorsements that they sent me is the (M)Metal Coil Endorsement, CDL drivers who have a M endorsement have to pass the written test again for that once your CDL comes up for renewal.

Did you get your Hazmat endorsement yet Dan? It sounds like a very long process. Fingerprints,background check,written test......

* IMPORTANT For driver licenses that expire on and after September 1, 2009, there is a supplemental Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD) fee of $1.00 for every six months the permit or driver license will be in effect. The fee is paid by residents of the five New York City counties of: Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens and Richmond (Staten Island). The MCTD fee is also paid by residents of the counties of Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk and Westchester. The MCTD fees are marked with an * in the chart below.

Class A, Class B or Class C - $164.50/$180.50* 1,2- Valid for eight years

Class E - $112.50/$128.50* 1,2- Valid for eight years

Class D or Class DJ, or Non-CDL Class C** -

$64.50/$80.50* 1- Valid for eight years

Class M or Class MJ - $72.50/$88.50* - Valid for eight years

If you have a Class A, Class B or Class C CDL with an endorsement of H or X, you must pass the hazardous materials knowledge test at a DMV office within two years before your renewal and pay an additional fee of $5 for the test.

Mine expires in October of 2012...hopefully I have somthing better by then to pay this price to renew my Class B CDL. It sucks for me that I haven't made any use of my CDL since the road test back in April of 2008 in The Bronx... I haven't been behind the wheel of a commerical vehicle since that time...It really sucks...

Who knows what the renewal fee will be in 2 years. :eek:

I got my CDL around the same time as you did. I haven't put my CDL to use either. You risk keeping a clean CDL by getting a job that is CDL related.

It is a catch 22 I know, on one hand it is good to get some CDL driving related experience(on a bus) but having a clean CDL is a very big factor in getting hired with the MTA.

Who knows what the renewal fee will be in 2 years. :eek:

I got my CDL around the same time as you did. I haven't put my CDL to use either. You risk keeping a clean CDL by getting a job that is CDL related.

It is a catch 22 I know, on one hand it is good to get some CDL driving related experience(on a bus) but having a clean CDL is a very big factor in getting hired with the MTA.

Hey All

My License expires Oct 2012 also and it's no joke to be working by then. I checked out Academy bus and they're hiring for those interested in $10.75/hr.

That barely covers tolls.. But I thought I'd mention if anyone interested.

d

Did you get your Hazmat endorsement yet Dan? It sounds like a very long process. Fingerprints,background check,written test......

No i'm not going to bother with that now because I don't need it and the entire process will be probably over $200. Plus that written test is very hard and I'm not in the mood for taking a day off to go to the dmv and then if I fail I can't take it over. Bottom line is its nice to have but I don't need it.

WOW that a lot of money to renew the CDL B in New York State & i only pay $55 for 6 years.

David:cool:

WOW that a lot of money to renew the CDL B in New York State & i only pay $55 for 6 years.

David:cool:

What does the 1,2 mean?

Hey All

My License expires Oct 2012 also and it's no joke to be working by then. I checked out Academy bus and they're hiring for those interested in $10.75/hr.

That barely covers tolls.. But I thought I'd mention if anyone interested.

d

The problem is that their terminals are in NJ. Tolls and gas alone would run you around $100.00 week. Somebody once posted on here that they worked at Academy and they waited at one of their locations for a run to open up(being on call so to speak).

Are they union or not? they do have nice looking buses. They have accounts with a lot of local pro sports teams, but I am sure those runs go to very senior drivers.

The problem is that their terminals are in NJ. Tolls and gas alone would run you around $100.00 week. Somebody once posted on here that they worked at Academy and they waited at one of their locations for a run to open up(being on call so to speak).

Are they union or not? they do have nice looking buses. They have accounts with a lot of local pro sports teams, but I am sure those runs go to very senior drivers.

I thought they were union but didnt ask. Thinking about it on the way home that kind of salary dont sound union. Unemployment pays the same to sit home. He said more can be made with more hours. I wanted to say, yea more can be made with the lottery too. I'm not doing 60+ hours at this point. Looking elsewhere, it's out there somewhere.

If any of you guys are interested in a bus driving job, you're better of with Bolt Bus or Peter Pan in Secaucus, I hear they're hiring for the summer so when spring time comes put in your application at http://www.peterpanbus.com. I think they're looking for CDL license drivers though, they pay way better than Academy I tell you that much.

Mine also expires in May a nice happy B-day to me form the state:( I just got the papers in the mail the other day... I have an "enhanced" class B with P & S... $210.50 :cry:

Mine also expires in May a nice happy B-day to me form the state:( I just got the papers in the mail the other day... I have an "enhanced" class B with P & S... $210.50 :cry:

I'm a May also. Whats the purpose of having the enhanced license anyway? I don't want to give the dmv any more of my money since I have paid trillions of dollars in court cases, licensing fees and car registrations. $210.50 is an outrage. We should call "Help Me Howard"

I'm a May also. Whats the purpose of having the enhanced license anyway? I don't want to give the dmv any more of my money since I have paid trillions of dollars in court cases, licensing fees and car registrations. $210.50 is an outrage. We should call "Help Me Howard"

No worries Dan, it is optional, enhanced means you can use it to travel to certain countries like Canada,Mexico and some countries in the Caribbean, you don't need a passport. You can't use it for international travel though. Your fee will be $180.50.

Speaking of fees, to renew your passport book is $75.00(good for 10 years). Even though I don't travel outside of the country, a passport is a good form of I.D to have.

Archived