How many more R46s are on the F?

Ftrainfan

The (F) requires 45 trains for service (not including spares, which drives the number up to 50-51), of which ~37 are R160s and ~8 are R46s. Factoring in spares and trains being serviced, the number of R160s can be lower and the number of R46s can be higher. So the (F) is between 15-20% R46.

I hardly see any R46's on the (F). At most, 25% of the (F) is R46. The worst part is that I associate the R46 with the (F) line. For a ten year period the (F) was 100% R46. The R46 is my favorite car.

Out of curiosity, when did the (F) completely run R46s in a 10 year period?

I believe the F line was mostly R46's with an occasional R32 during the period before the 160's came.

During that time the E line was mostly R32's, with an occasional R38 and sometimes an R46. Just before the 160's took over the E line, there were 40 and 42's used.

I see the (F) trains as half R160A/B and half R46. I don't ride the (F) as frequently. Probably more R160s are on the (F) by now.

Me too. Every time a R46 (F) comes on the other side at my station , the R160 (F) comes on my side. And vise versa. This is usually my pattern for taking the (F) and (G) daily as of late 2009...

Monday- R160 (F) to R46 (G)

Tuesday-R46 (F) to R46 (G)

Wensday-R46 (G) straight

Thursday-R46 (F) to R46 (G)

Friday- R160 (F) to R46 (G)

So bascilly I usually take an R160 (F) train on momdays and fridays and R46 (F)'s on tuesdays and thursdays. But that can change within time.

The (F) was a 100 percent 46s between 1980-1991 before they rebuilt the 46s and then the (F) ran some 32s along with the 46s. After the 46s were rebuilt the (F) became 100 percent 46s between 1992-2001 except for a brief period in 1994, Then when the (V) came into existence in 2001 the (F) lost some 46s to the (V) and become 46s with a few 32s mixed in.

Oh hey, so is any other subway line! MINDBLOWING isn't it? :eek:

I'm saying that who cares how many of what car are on this, that, or the other line as long as you get where you need to go. Yea, it's nice to have a certain car on your favorite line, but it's much better to have a train thats shows up at all.

The (F) was a 100 percent 46s between 1980-1991 before they rebuilt the 46s and then the (F) ran some 32s along with the 46s. After the 46s were rebuilt the (F) became 100 percent 46s between 1992-2001 except for a brief period in 1994, Then when the (V) came into existence in 2001 the (F) lost some 46s to the (V) and become 46s with a few 32s mixed in.

Thanks

I'm saying that who cares how many of what car are on this, that, or the other line as long as you get where you need to go. Yea, it's nice to have a certain car on your favorite line, but it's much better to have a train thats shows up at all.

I know lol, I was agreeing with you. Sometimes you wished more people around here realized that.

Archived