OL906 Work Train De-railed Today Between 18th and 20th Aves

Phil D.

I heard it over B1. I went over there and got 2 pics. It was impossible to shoot the work train because it was pitch black and I had nothing to lean on. The train was operating on the middle track and some how the gear box cover fell off and derailed the train.

100_3199.jpg

100_3200.jpg

I heard it over B1. I went over there and got 2 pics. It was impossible to shoot the work train because it was pitch black and I had nothing to lean on. The train was operating on the middle track and some how the gear box cover fell off and derailed the train.

100_3199.jpg

100_3200.jpg

:confused::eek:

I heard the drama over the radio as well and it was a LOT of it. Some of that stuff fell to the street as well, i think some people may have gotten injured. That really jacked up the entire (D) Line to no end..

It tore up some of the track as well its so bad they have an emergency G.O on the (D) Line right now no Service Between Bay Parkway and 62nd streets in Both Directions, they are running a shuttle train from Stillwell to Bay parkway, buese are being used for the affected stations.

It wasnt a good day in the B Div yesterday not at all..

Today looks no better, (F) and (G)Lines is jacked up, (A) and (C) Lines are jacked up...

100_3199.jpg

100_3200.jpg

nice catch!

Wow. This looked like it was pretty bad. Any (M)'s or (D)'s sent down Brighton, Sea Beach, 4 Av to 95 St? Or perhaps the Culver for the (D)?

They just had (D)elta's and (M)ikeys operate with restricted speed and exterme caution through the area beacuse it was already dark and track dept couldnt go out there and really "see" the damage...

Then they used the emergency G.O today to fix whatever damage there was..

They just had (D)elta's and (M)ikeys operate with restricted speed and exterme caution through the area beacuse it was already dark and track dept couldnt go out there and really "see" the damage...

Then they used the emergency G.O today to fix whatever damage there was..

Got ya. Was the derailed Train removed last night or today? Was the (N) busier than usual today between Stillwell & New Utrecht Av's, since the (D) was a Shuttle?

Got ya. Was the derailed Train removed last night or today? Was the (N) busier than usual today between Stillwell & New Utrecht Av's, since the (D) was a Shuttle?

Good question....

Im sure the (N)ovember was busy today with the (D)eltas terminating at 62nd Street..

All (D)'s are being short turned due to possible track damage but what made me laugh, it's the train that takes out derailed train and it itself derails. Honestly, it's too weird. Another thing, it's the second derailment within months of the (M) train's mishap. I'm not a train genius but doesn't that mean the NYC Subway might go a full system inspection by the board of transportation?

Yeah seen the train Yesterday they had a crane out there and all the white hats. I tought I wasn't going down the road because the G.O went past 3PM. I heard Track wanted to keep working but the RTO Supts from the (D)(M) lines yelled at them to rap it up and be off the tracks so normal PM Rush Hour service be restored. I pointed out the derailed train to my student and told him thats what happens when you operate too fast. The look on his face was priceless.

The whole thing almost made me late but lucky I was very early since I planned to have a nice lunch before I started my day. I was lucky that the (N) arrived fast to get me towards Stillwell.

Archived