Empty Access-A-Ride vehicles

w8Hou

So are you two telling me that if an old person who can barely walk should need to go somewhere, they should still be forced to take the bus? And what if it snows? Should they be forced to walk in possibly icy snow all the way to a bus stop?

Not trying to be rude or anything, but yeah.

Um essentially yes there is no nice way to put it some of these people are a trip they think it is a personal Taxi service which it is not door to door needs to stop I hope Transit has their way and implement the last leg of travel on the Bus or Train

they are definitely taking the system for a ride the fare should be hiked im beginning to think this is a luxuery for some people Door to Door as opposed to getting on a crowded Bus or Train I was hip to the game when I did that job

and lets leave the seniors out of this your trying to have pitty on one group ADA is American Disability Act Old Age is not a Disability last time I checked further more I don't think Access A Ride was ever intended to shuttle the elderly around and this is why Access A Ride is flawed because they certify everyone and their mother for the service

Um essentially yes there is no nice way to put it some of these people are a trip they think it is a personal Taxi service which it is not door to door needs to stop I hope Transit has their way and implement the last leg of travel on the Bus or Train

they are definitely taking the system for a ride the fare should be hiked im beginning to think this is a luxuery for some people Door to Door as opposed to getting on a crowded Bus or Train I was hip to the game when I did that job

and lets leave the seniors out of this your trying to have pitty on one group ADA is American Disability Act Old Age is not a Disability last time I checked further more I don't think Access A Ride was ever intended to shuttle the elderly around and this is why Access A Ride is flawed because they certify everyone and their mother for the service

I'm not talking about healthy seniors. I'm talking about the sick ones. I am not trying to have pity on one group.

I hope that I didn't come off as rude was just trying to get my point across so forgive me don't want to step on anyone's toes

You didn't step on my toes, you drove your bus across them. Now I need Access-A-Ride to get to work. Hopefully they honor my employee pass...:(:P:P.........

Seriously, the DOS (Department of Subways), need to either get more elevators up, or the federal funds provided to do this, should be cut. I really believe MTA squanders that money elsewhere..........

You didn't step on my toes, you drove your bus across them. Now I need Access-A-Ride to get to work. Hopefully they honor my employee pass...;):P:P.........

Seriously, the DOS (Department of Subways), need to either get more elevators up, or the federal funds provided to do this, should be cut. I really believe MTA squanders that money elsewhere..........

I definitely AGREE with you DOB2RTO I occasionally take a look at the (MTA) website now they have a President for the Busniess Service Center you can find 6 figures to pay this guy but you can't get your house in order if thats not backwards I don't know what is you wonder why the Public doesn't trust a word they say sad state of affairs

I remember from last year's Bronx Public Hearing, one of Access-A-ride users and even retired Access-A-Ride driver says, some drivers are rude. Same for Able-A-Riide.

Hardly unique to access-a-ride drivers in New York I would have thought. You find rude bus drivers everywhere and if you consider what they have to deal with it's not surprising.

Archived