IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

Same. I ride the (4) everyday, so I could check for updates all the way to BPB.

No probs.

I'm there a lot now too i am watching them work on this system on the 4 i also swe the clock working at the Hoyt st station its on now i did some videos on yourude chrisjct check it out I'm going too do a full recording of all of the stations on the 6 line being that they have more on now (1)(2)(3)(4)<4><4>(5)(6)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm there a lot now too i am watching them work on this system on the 4 i also swe the clock working at the Hoyt st station its on now i did some videos on yourude chrisjct check it out I'm going too do a full recording of all of the stations on the 6 line being that they have more on now (1)(2)(3)(4)<4><4>(5)(6)

Nice. The IRT system is really coming up fast. Promised a while ago, but at least it's coming! And that's all I really care about.

i saw them working on the boxes there and also on the 1 local they working on all the local stops and on the 6 in manhattan there 4 is doing good i hear from the guys doing the work they think it should be up soon at all the stops because they are working fast too get them up and running and the system is orking good so they should be good too get all of them out and working at all stations in manhattanand the 4 in the bronx I'm waiting for them too start on the 2 5 in the bronx (1)

i believe the station should be working soon they been working on it and the hardware is done i think it may come online under the radar because franklyn ave is on and they didn't say it was I'm going too do a video on it today

(1) so far the 1 line is working good i dont know if the stations north of 157st will be on before the end of june but most should be online by the end of may thats all the stations below 168st i think the 225st station can be put on soon they done at that staton 116 125 137 145 168 181 191 are going too be later this year 137th will be sooner because they just put up the hardware the screens are up now but the wiring isnt done yet so if they work like they doing now i guess it should be like late this year when they will come online

According to Walder at today's Developer MTA/Google Unconference, the goal is to have 100 by the end of this year and beyond 200 by the end of 2011. Walder is a leader; he champions ICT!!

these are the things that replace people. arrival boards can give line info, metro card machines give metrocards. cameras over turn styles are "supposed" to see everyone. what do all 3 replace if they worked as wanted? station agents. everyone is so happy to see these signs but what happens when the power goes out? or there is an emergency? who is going to save you? the camera? the arrival board? think about what this guy is doing.

these are the things that replace people. arrival boards can give line info, metro card machines give metrocards. cameras over turn styles are "supposed" to see everyone. what do all 3 replace if they worked as wanted? station agents. everyone is so happy to see these signs but what happens when the power goes out? or there is an emergency? who is going to save you? the camera? the arrival board? think about what this guy is doing.

he didnt do anything this was being done before he even came back too the us this was plained in 2000 and security cams help prevent crimes and also find people that do it the countdown clocks help people make changes if anything happens we are a country that is in the past why do people love that idea i cant for the love of life get it every other country have this and other states as well we should have this its a good start in getting this city back in the run with other large cities around the world, i would love too know if any person in this city would like us how we was over 20 years ago and say that was better than what we have today we should love the change and stop being so negative thats why we never have anything here and people from other countries look at us and say what is this why the best place too be the oldest and out dated by over 15 20 years:eek:

I dont understand why do we as a people in this city hate change and anything new we ask for better and more and than when we have too see it being done we go back on it and say oh no no i dont want that? why do the weekends always have track work and train changes because of it. they are doing what we ask them too do change all of the old rundown stations and old trains and have a way too know whats going on with the system and when the next train is on its way so people can know what too do in any emergency are train belay. why do we want old and the same old stuff we have new stations new train cars and even security cams in areas that never had anything at all we also have the countdown clocks that can let people know whats going on under and above ground, if you wanted too know why the train is late or what way is the fastest way home now you can make a choice before you had no way of doing that, well now you do and on top of all of that it can let you know if there is a fire sick person or anything else that is keeping the train and what you can do too make a change in your way home before you had too just site and wait and wait and wait with just some announcements so yea this is a big jump into the present time :(:P

Here is the updated list as of 05/06/10.

Sterling St. (2)(5) - http://twitpic.com/1l1d0g

28th St. (6) - http://twitpic.com/1kov9t

170th St. (4) - http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisjct#p/u/3/2z-UyzozCd8

The Bronx

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1) - None (0/3) (excluding Marble Hill)

Jerome Line (4) - 170th St. (1/14)

White Plains Road Line (2)(5) - will get signs by November 2011 after signal work (0/20)

Dyre Ave. line (5) - will not get signs until 2016 after signal work

Pelham Line (6) - Buhre Ave., Middletown Rd., Westchester Sq., Zerega Ave., Castle Hill Ave., St. Lawrence Ave., Elder Ave., Longwood Ave., E. 149th St., E. 143rd St., Cypress Ave., Brook Ave. (12/18)

Brooklyn

Eastern Parkway Line (2)(3)(4)(5) - Bergen St., Eastern Pkwy-Brooklyn Museum (2/9)

New Lots Ave. Line (3)(4) - Nostrand Ave., Kingston Ave. (2/10)

Nostrand Ave. Line (2)(5) - Sterling St., Newkirk Ave. (2/7)

Manhattan

Broadway/7th Ave. Line (1)(2)(3) - 157th St., 110th St., 18th St. (3/44, including Marble Hill)

Lexington Ave. Line (4)(5)(6) - 28th St., Astor Pl., Canal St. (3/23)

Flushing Line (7) - will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work

42nd St. Crosstown (S) - None (0/2)

Queens

Flushing Line (7) - will not get signs until 2016 after CBTC and PA/CIS work

Stations with the new screens: 25/150 (not counting Cortlandt St. (1), Dyre (5) & Flushing (7) lines)

Nice vids! BTW, one suggestion I have is to be a little more specific in your video titles and include the station name in each vid, so it's easier to look for the vids. Can you also link the vid for the working Hoyt St. signs, if you have one?

Hoyt signs are under test, they are not on yet. They will be soon. Btw, Kris, change the number from 2/23 to 3/23 for the Lex thing.

Done. And Chris said that he saw them working (normally, not testing) a few posts up, which is why I asked for a vid if he had.

he didnt do anything this was being done before he even came back too the us this was plained in 2000 and security cams help prevent crimes and also find people that do it the countdown clocks help people make changes if anything happens we are a country that is in the past why do people love that idea i cant for the love of life get it every other country have this and other states as well we should have this its a good start in getting this city back in the run with other large cities around the world, i would love too know if any person in this city would like us how we was over 20 years ago and say that was better than what we have today we should love the change and stop being so negative thats why we never have anything here and people from other countries look at us and say what is this why the best place too be the oldest and out dated by over 15 20 years:eek:

almost all of the cameras you speak of dont work. the very few that do dont get monitered 24/7. i'm all for moving foward but when thousands of people lose their jobs how does that get this city back in the run with other city's? when people cant spend money the economy cant grow or even begin to recover. those s/a's live in your community, they spend money there, local business's feel it when they stop spending money. also most of those city's are in worse situations than we are.

almost all of the cameras you speak of dont work. the very few that do dont get monitered 24/7. i'm all for moving foward but when thousands of people lose their jobs how does that get this city back in the run with other city's? when people cant spend money the economy cant grow or even begin to recover. those s/a's live in your community, they spend money there, local business's feel it when they stop spending money. also most of those city's are in worse situations than we are.

i didnt say that the s/a should lose there job at all we do need them and as a police officer they do help in all kinds of ways and yea some of the cams arent working because the people doing it are no longer in business so the MTA is looking for another contractor too finish the ones that arent done yet but all the other ones that are on record 24 7

the hoyt street station is on and working add that one and also franklin is on but its under testing and doing 70% or so i have the video up now i dont have the hoyt street video yet but ill have it up tomorrow

Chris were you at Franklin today?When i was there the signs on the platforms were all messed up.Only the one by the turnstiles was accurate.Did you notice this as well?

they did have some problems i saw yes i was there today at rush hour i did the vid of it im putting up the vid now and they are doing the software now so it will be more accurate in the coming days because its a high volume station it shouldnt take long too have it working good :)(2)(3)(4)(5)

they did have some problems i saw yes i was there today at rush hour i did the vid of it im putting up the vid now and they are doing the software now so it will be more accurate in the coming days because its a high volume station it shouldnt take long too have it working good :)(2)(3)(4)(5)

There still jacked up on the (6) line. Yesterday and the day before I was on that line. On my last trip at Brook Ave N/B, it would flash, then say the next train is 12minutes, then the next train is 47minutes. I would do a double take..........

There still jacked up on the (6) line. Yesterday and the day before I was on that line. On my last trip at Brook Ave N/B, it would flash, then say the next train is 12minutes, then the next train is 47minutes. I would do a double take..........

yea for the most part its working at those stations but late nites it can have some problems they still doing software there its not 100% just yet they just putting them on now so they can see how its working and whats not working so it may take some time just too work out the glitches on the hole system (6)<6>

Don't forget though, the ones on the (L) were screwed up until weeks later when the bugs got removed. It's just the "new" thing.

I dont know if this was posted yet.

But I thoght Ill share what I saw.

I got in to the (1) Station next Colombia University this week.I saw the sign wraped in bubble wrap It was off the ceiling right in the middle of the room not on the wall I hope know one breaks it. :(

i did a video on this station too show how it works with the service changes they system is up and running good it shows you whats going on in the system weekend changes and more so check it out on youtube just look for subway countdown clocks and you show see all of my vids chrisjct (6)<6> fyi i was at hunts point and its on and working i have too make a vid for it

Archived