IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

the big ones are for showing more trains at one time, just a way too show more thats all in areas where big crowds form and if they have room for it

I'm sorry, I didn't explain my question thoroughly, the boards next to the GC(S) are currently large display boards, if it they were used to display messages, as said:

The boards also function as variable message boards, which are always useful, especially when the **** hits the fan on one of your connecting lines.

Why would they use the larger ones if a smaller one could do the job, is it possible that the would use the boards to display the shuttle time and info?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, I didn't explain my question thoroughly, the boards next to the GC(S) are currently large display boards, if it they were used to display messages, as said:

Why would they use the larger ones if a smaller one could do the job, is it possible that the would use the boards to display the shuttle time and info?

it also will show the arrival times of the (1)(2)(3) and the (S)

Update on the countdown clocks on IRT Flushing Line (7)<7>- Some of the station clocks (Junction Blvd) now have announcements that now say "Ladies & Gentlemen, the next Manhattan bound (7) local train will arrive in approximately ___ minutes." It's most likely still in it's testing stages, cause some of the times are off.

Update on the countdown clocks on IRT Flushing Line (7)<7>- Some of the station clocks (Junction Blvd) now have announcements that now say "Ladies & Gentlemen, the next Manhattan bound (7) local train will arrive in approximately ___ minutes." It's most likely still in it's testing stages, cause some of the times are off.

that line wont be online for some time now they still havent finished the work on the CBTC so they may have another year are so

that line wont be online for some time now they still havent finished the work on the CBTC so they may have another year are so

But you don't need CBTC for countdown clocks, I believe it's ATC or ATO that allows the whole IRT to be tracked, but I'm not an expert on this. Wish they'd implement it on the B Division already, or at least work on it. Those "[x] stop(s) away" messages are so irritating and usually inaccurate.

Guest lance25

It's actually ATS or automated train signalling. Don't expect it to come to the B Division any time soon. You're just gonna have to get used to the signal-based clocks on the lettered lines until the (MTA) does something else, like tracking the trains through the internet.

But you don't need CBTC for countdown clocks, I believe it's ATC or ATO that allows the whole IRT to be tracked, but I'm not an expert on this. Wish they'd implement it on the B Division already, or at least work on it. Those "[x] stop(s) away" messages are so irritating and usually inaccurate.
they are using the CBTC for there countdown info not ATS its kinda the same but they arent done with it yet. at this time they do not have any plans for the B div at all and the clocks they do have up now is all they are getting at this time

Seen today: Times Sq (S) is NOT ON. The (1)(2)(3) are. All the clocks I've seen today seem to be 2 minutes behind (they go from 2 min to approaching).
that happens now and than the system does get a little behind but only by a min r so on the approach but thats not all the time

Some observations today:

14th st and Park Place (1)(2)(3) just time and day

Franklin(2)(3)(4)(5) downtown boards are off completely.But the announcements are still functional.

im thinking work again like always, i would say it should be back on soon maybe tomorrow morning

• 2 weeks later...

Archived