• Dyre Avenue Line (5) 5 stations

• Whitlock Ave (6)downtown only

• Fulton St (2)(3)

• Fulton St. (4)(5)

• Grand Central (S)

18.5 stations without clocks

Removing GCT Lex.

Any update on the Bronx or GCT (S)?

i saw them working on the gun hill rd station on the dyre ave line it maybe on soon i guess,fyi all stations had an update so they can do the announcements chime that comes on before the announcements, it sounds good.

I saw the boards recently installed at Pelham Pkwy and Allerton Av stations on the 2. Both on the platforms and in the station. (Pelham Pkwy North entrance, haven't entered at Pelham Pkwy South to see.)

They're off but hopefully they will be activated soon.

I saw the boards recently installed at Pelham Pkwy and Allerton Av stations on the 2. Both on the platforms and in the station. (Pelham Pkwy North entrance, haven't entered at Pelham Pkwy South to see.)

They're off but hopefully they will be activated soon.

i did too ive seen them puttin them up at pelham pkwy they are doing alot of work on it now up there

I was working on the (2) yesterday and I saw that the clocks are hanging up at Pelham Pkwy, Bronx Park East and I saw workers installing them at Allerton Ave. The White Plains Rd part of the (2) is finally getting it together with the rest of the IRT!

I was working on the (2) yesterday and I saw that the clocks are hanging up at Pelham Pkwy, Bronx Park East and I saw workers installing them at Allerton Ave. The White Plains Rd part of the (2) is finally getting it together with the rest of the IRT!
the only reasonwhy its the last part is because they said they had too order more to replace the old ones they had at some stations like on the (6) line that had it for years going back too 02 when they first started out, so they had a back order for the hole line smh they finally have them

• 2 weeks later...

Stations WITHOUT clocks on lines that use the A Division radio channel:

• White Plains Road Line north of East 180 St (2) 10 stations
  • Fulton St (2)(3)
  • Fulton St. (4)(5)

17.5 stations without clocks

Removing GCT Shuttle.

Anyone know about Whitlock?

• Fulton St (2)(3)

• Fulton St. (4)(5)

17.5 stations without clocks

Removing GCT Shuttle.

Anyone know about Whitlock?

ok not fully on but the 5 stations on the dyre ave line were on today, i would say they are still working on them but they had arrival times and the info going. this is a great start for the stations north of 180th st oh they are also adding all the clocks on stations on the wpr line too 241st st they have them on gunhil now.

ok not fully on but the 5 stations on the dyre ave line were on today, i would say they are still working on them but they had arrival times and the info going. this is a great start for the stations north of 180th st oh they are also adding all the clocks on stations on the wpr line too 241st st they have them on gunhil now.

The Dyre?

a) were they running the times like the regular boards or the "fake" B div boards?

:o how is this working with old IRT signaling?

The Dyre?

a) were they running the times like the regular boards or the "fake" B div boards?

B) how is this working with old IRT signaling?

they work normal as all of them do and the signals on the dyre ave line are new that i see. its mostly new and all the switches at 180th st and union port is done and all the signals there are bran new. there are some i saw that were older but most of them are new

• Fulton St (2)(3)
  • Fulton St. (4)(5)

12.5 stations without clocks

Removing the Dyre.

Can you take a video?

• Fulton St (2)(3)

• Fulton St. (4)(5)

12.5 stations without clocks

Removing the Dyre.

Can you take a video?

ima go up there and do a vid on the dyre ave side and the wpr side they are adding the clocks there so i want too show the progress

I saw the clocks on the dyre ave line but none of them showed train arrivals. Just a schedule is not available message or the date and time.

I thought dyre wouldn't be getting it for years. That's what I read a little while back anyway. WPR by nov 2011 and Dyre in something like 2014 or later.

I saw the clocks on the dyre ave line but none of them showed train arrivals. Just a schedule is not available message or the date and time.

I thought dyre wouldn't be getting it for years. That's what I read a little while back anyway. WPR by nov 2011 and Dyre in something like 2014 or later.

lol that was an old release they didnt know they would be done this fast they already are done with the work on the union port yard and up to the dyre term, and they already added the clocks and software is done they should be working on them thats maybe why they had them showing that. its very normal for them to do that for a few weeks as they do work there.

I happen to notice that lots of times when an approaching train is being announced, especially on the Lex, that train happens to be halfway in the station at the time of the announcement. What's the point of announcing an 'approaching' train if it's less than 10 seconds away from letting me and other riders on? I don't get that.

I happen to notice that lots of times when an approaching train is being announced, especially on the Lex, that train happens to be halfway in the station at the time of the announcement. What's the point of announcing an 'approaching' train if it's less than 10 seconds away from letting me and other riders on? I don't get that.

Based on what I've seen and videos I've watched, the announcement usually sounds when the train is approximately 2-3 car lengths outside the station.

Based on what I've seen and videos I've watched, the announcement usually sounds when the train is approximately 2-3 car lengths outside the station.
that may happen when the system is over worked with trains and or when the system is doing alot of work, like over the weekend when alot of work is being done it does announcements for work being done it may get over worked but its just how much work

Archived