IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw them up and running the other day.

From the few times I've been there, it looks like they program each individual train into there (at least off peak), since theres only one train at a time displayed then and after its gone, a new time and track is programmed in

Just to let you know, the stations on the (2) and (5) north of E. 180th St with the Countdown Clocks are displaying that the clocks will start working in Spring 2012.
funny i saw that too but im not sure what they are doing because some of the guys i spoke too say its all ready to be turned on they did most of the wiring a long time ago its only plugin in the display boxes and doing some of the programming, i will have too see into this spring 2012 isnt what i hear but let me see if thats a 100% thing or is it going to be around December or jan

• 4 weeks later...

Interestlingy enough the signs are improving. It said the usual "train schedule is not available". But it now let's you know why. It said "system maintenance until 1:00 pm". They actually came back on at 12:30.but it could be that was done bec of the delay going on the clark tube.

I worked on the (2) on Wednesday and I saw that the clocks on the UPTOWN side of the Bronx Park East station was ON. I did a double take lol. Hopefully the downtown side is on now cause it wasn't that day but I saw the Uptown side was working for sure. The rest of the White Plains Rd line is NOT on.

I worked on the (2) on Wednesday and I saw that the clocks on the UPTOWN side of the Bronx Park East station was ON. I did a double take lol. Hopefully the downtown side is on now cause it wasn't that day but I saw the Uptown side was working for sure. The rest of the White Plains Rd line is NOT on.
i knew it wouldnt be too long beofore the wpl came on they told me it shouldnt be long bc they did alot of the work already so it was just more of putting up the clocks, i have to get up there to put up a vid

i knew it wouldnt be too long beofore the wpl came on they told me it shouldnt be long bc they did alot of the work already so it was just more of putting up the clocks, i have to get up there to put up a vid

I hope so, I was hoping Id see them before New Years. Maybe spg 2012 is when it will be officially 100% working properly and such. b/c i see some stations where the clocks are on, but are unreliable at times, or turned off all together, like E 180th St. 40% of the time they are not working then other times they are on but have some inaccuracies, or don't countdown all the way to arrival..like its still in beta.

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month since the last post to this thread. I was wondering if there's anything new when it comes to the countdown clocks or the "next train" announcements. I haven't heard any news myself but I ride the system much less frequently than many of you.
so far not mush that i know, i posted that they will show any delay now when trains are in any. like before they just stayed on the time it was on if there was any delay it would say it in an announcement but it will show like 5mins and stay, now it will show delay in the area that the time is in.

• 1 month later...
It's been over a month since the last post to this thread. I was wondering if there's anything new when it comes to the countdown clocks or the "next train" announcements. I haven't heard any news myself but I ride the system much less frequently than many of you.

Another lapse in posts here. I saw something new this morning at Grand Central. Waited 5 min for a (6) downtown. A few seconds before it came in, there was an automated announcement saying that it would not stop between 42 and 14 st, and the clOck displayed the message as well, along with saying there's another one right behind it. Happens to me once a week, but this was the first time the clock system said something.

Can someone see if the northern WPR has been turned on? I would think so after the ATS cutover a couple of weeks ago.

As of yesterday, no. Same old "Coming in Spring 2012" message showing.

I've been waiting for them to finally come up here. When that finally happens I'll have to snap a pic.

Breaking news...

The countdown clocks were on at Pelham Pkwy (white plains rd) station on the 2. The automated announcements were working as well.

This isn't new, they have been active at Peham Parkway for a while.

This isn't new, they have been active at Peham Parkway for a while.

oh yeah? Last time I was there was about a week ago and they weren't showing arrival times. I haven't seem them functioning at Allerton either as of a week ago.

Archived