Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
R32 3348

IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

Anybody know what's up with the 181 St uptown countdown clock? EVERY time I come through there, it has times listed which are totally off (last night my follower was 14-17 minutes behind me, with the next one 34-37) and there it said 5 min and 24 min. It must be programmed for a different station.....

My experience with the countdown clock in London is even worse. I remember seeing that a bus from one line is supposed to arrive, only to find out that the bus from another line is supposedly arriving twenty minutes early. Maybe the London Underground is better with these clocks, but I can't remember due to the crazy encounter with London buses. Haha the quoted story and my experiences are why I'm not crazy about the countdown clocks.

Just a note if anyone is going to ask: why havent they done the same thing they did w/ BusTime? is because IMO the Countdown clocks would be there for nothing and it would of been a waste of money

A little off topic but I noticed tonight at Union Square on the broadway line there were some countdown clocks that looked like this

(N) BROOKLYN 1 min

(N) BROOKLYN 1 min

has anyone seen this and will it be able to detect if it's a (N)(Q) or (R)?

The MTA is testing clocks on the broadway line so that's why the clocks show inaccruate information but in the future they will show accurate information.

anyone noticed the new countdown clock at union square by the 4/5/6 and L transfer area? I dont like the new placement near the elevator, it was better at the old location

Edited by azspeedbullet

They need to fix the countdown clock going northbound at Morris Park on the (5). It only shows one digit, so if the next train is 12 minutes away, it shows the next train as being 1 minute away. So everytime I'm working on the (5) and pull into the station, I always think there is another train right behind me.

Wrong again. The clock IS showing one minute because there aren't any signals approaching Morris Park so the ATs has no way to know the train is in the station. It will disappear once the train passes the leaving signal.

Thia is also why despite being one of the most overrun stations, most T/Os will get away with it as long as nobody on the train bangs them in.

Alstom propulsion symphony :P (go to 0:33):

Not my video BTW.

what does this have to do with the topic?
  • Upvote 3

Guest MTA Bus

Does anybody have any news on the countdown clocks at Fulton Street for the (2)(3)(4)(5) ?

i saw countdown clock on 28 or 23 street and broadway but i think it not working properly because it was showing the (Q) while i was on the (N).

i saw countdown clock on 28 or 23 street and broadway but i think it not working properly because it was showing the (Q) while i was on the (N).

that is another b division pilot

kind of off topic but the countdown clocks in the stations that were flooded must be really messed up from all that salt water D:

Edited by Transitboy