IRT Train Arrival Time Boards Discussion

R32 3348

It's not his decision at all. These screens have been up sitting unused at most stations since 2008, and they have been completely paid for in previous capital programs. And the system under test only takes up one line of the screen while the other line still displays train arrival info so your point is moot.

Funny because every time I have used the (L) train in the past those signs have been 100% accurate.

Except for the 10th time, these boards have been paid for already within the past decade in capital programs and all that has to be done now is roll them out. The (MTA) isn't spending money to install them aside from the crews necessary to install them. Crews that are paid just as much as the tons of crews that are doing 10,000 other jobs around the system.

Yes, the B Division screens should be coming mid-to-late next deca*de.

yea thats what i heard its going too be around 2016 and the 7 as well, but they are working on the ones now in brooklyn and manhatten now presidends st is going too be on soon

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that technician crew that I saw at President St around noon today.

Franklin Av station board is offline, they are fixing the bugs.

Majority in Brooklyn stations are not in working in order.

It's great that at least they kept the announcements on at Franklin.

I say the boards that they're testing on the IRT should go to the L as well.Cause really that L train chick is supremely annoying!I dig the dude at 157St and Hoyt St better.It sounds like the guy that does the Airtrain announcements.

"The next uptown local (1) train to Van Cortlandt Park-242St will arrive in 3mins."

"There is an uptown local (1) train to Van Cortlandt Park-242St approaching the station."

"The next local (3) train to New Lots Av will arrive in 2mins"

"There is a local (3) train to New Lots Av approaching the station"

the 125th st station will come online soon maybe within the next week i just saw them taken off the plastic on the signs also doing 161st street. but 125 116 110 lex are going too be on soon look out for them. and 42nd st on both sides should be on soon as well.

the 125th st station will come online soon maybe within the next week i just saw them taken off the plastic on the signs also doing 161st street. but 125 116 110 lex are going too be on soon look out for them. and 42nd st on both sides should be on soon as well.

No offense but I did not understand that last part. Are you saying that the clocks at the stations on the Lex line from 125th - 110th are going to be on soon? Does this also include 103rd St?

No offense but I did not understand that last part. Are you saying that the clocks at the stations on the Lex line from 125th - 110th are going to be on soon? Does this also include 103rd St?

yes the 103st station is going too be on soon some time this week or next ans yes the 110 116 125 on the lex should be on very soon this month they are working on them now as well as the rest of the stations on the 7th ave line 34 42nd all the local stops on the 1 line

A clock for the express and the local, separately?

No, he means the signs on both platforms. Each sign shows the trains on both platforms.

It's necessary for him to be coherent then.

Nothing new at Bedford Park yet. I believe the sign is still wrapped. Many stations along the Jerome line still have wrapped signs. I'll make a note if signs are off.

23 St on the (6) is online, although kinda messed up. Picture to come soon.

The screens were off by a min or 2 when I was there today, but the announcements were OK.

And chrisliz, I'm gonna have to agree with MTR: please use proper English so that we can understand you, because your punctuation and coherence phobia is making people confused :confused:

The screens were off by a min or 2 when I was there today, but the announcements were OK.

And chrisliz, I'm gonna have to agree with MTR: please use proper English so that we can understand you, because your punctuation and coherence phobia is making people confused :confused:

sorry for that, what i was saying that both east and west sides of 42nd street will have them on soon thats the 7th ave line and the lex line. (2)(3)(4)(5)(6)

It's great that at least they kept the announcements on at Franklin.

Surprisingly, the computerized announcements were close to accurate. But the electronic boards on the platform is still off as of today.

Another update... Atlantic Avenue station on all number line platforms has the electronic LED boards. But its offline as of right now.

Uh, that system is actually has similarity noted what line is arrived. Actually I should have mention, almost all stations inside the main entrance area actually has the old black information crawling electronic box in which when it notes next train arrives at the platform with the beep sound. It is actually is reliable. The new boards still need to fix the bugs yet it still hits with snafus.

Yet they hit with roadblocks and getting a crappy contractor to do this job. I also blaming on the MTA management for not getting this system on timely fashion. Here in Brooklyn, no one really like it when its not working properly at almost all numbered line stations.

Until I see improvements on almost every station has they board setup fine / working properly and reading other members in this or other forum that is working then I would change my mind except at the present time. MTA is a wasteful agency that is still spending, like this one when they are cutting service and layoff workers.

BTW, you need to multi-quote your post, for the third time.

I agree with you except at the present time. Its not worth to spend on new system to hook up and fixed the bugs when we are in the budget crisis and service reduction plus layoffs. This is a want not a need that is really useful yet we still lean towards the platform edge to see the train is coming. Some look even at inside the main entrance area to see the train is arriving a moment in which we still have that and almost convenient. They really need to hold it off until MTA has the money in which they dont.

Surprisingly, the computerized announcements were close to accurate. But the electronic boards on the platform is still off as of today.

Another update... Atlantic Avenue station on all number line platforms has the electronic LED boards. But its offline as of right now.

they are working on having them on for this upcoming week so they will go off and on just too test them out but they will have them on and off as they do that (2)(3)(4)(5)

Has anyone seen them in action at Atlantic?Are there annoucements if there no signs?

they are working on having them on for this upcoming week so they will go off and on just too test them out but they will have them on and off as they do that (2)(3)(4)(5)

Where do you get this information from?

i have alot of friends in the system my uncle just retired a few weeks ago andd i know some techs that have been doing this job so i ask them whats going on with it time to time:cool:

That's great.

Guest lance25

Yeah. Brook Av was one the first ones turned on. As usual the (MTA) is a day (or month) late and a dollar (or several millions) short.

Yeah, they're late at everything. Hell, when the MTA came up with MetroCard Gold, people in Hong Kong started to use smart cards.

one thing that i see here in the states is that even if we was too try and do things like that and have new up to date things like other country's do like smartcards and 250 mph trains like in japan and even in Germany people here couldnt work together and get it done. they pay for the best in other countrys but here we dont want too pay for anything new or old other countrys pay way more than we do here even if we went up a full buck we wont be paying as much as londen or japan or Germany, i cant ever see the us do things like other places do we just dont have people working together and willing too do what it takes too get it done. they are moving forward and we are almost at a stand still. :(

Archived