Failing Grade: Many NYC public school lunches meals high in salt as fast food chains

Shortline Bus

I think the term you are looking for is "mystery meat":p

What the F-minus!!??!!?

Mystery meat???

I have no regrets in being a vegetarian. I will stick with bean burritos at taco bell. (lets ot a big FART) s'cuse me.

For all we know, the kids might be having rat-on-the-third-rail burgers!!! :mad:

What the F-minus!!??!!?

Mystery meat???

I have no regrets in being a vegetarian. I will stick with bean burritos at taco bell. (lets ot a big FART) s'cuse me.

For all we know, the kids might be having rat-on-the-third-rail burgers!!! :mad:

Good point wizard. After reading that article, i am less likely than ever to eat lunch at work. While I am *not a Vegetarian* myself i dont eat that much red meat and or pork myself. Other than occasional hamburger, it's fish, chicken and turkey products along with animal kingdom aka woops i mean fruits and veggies for me.

And knowing what served in NYC public schools and elsewhere i am glad as at the school i work at, as an asst. teacher, i try to bring in 'home made' food myself. Usually i bring in for lunch sandwichs like Tuna, Turkey Breast, Chicken salad or pasta salad with veggies. "Mystrey meat" i think i rather pass on that.:confused::eek:

Off topic but related guys. For those of you attend college, how is their school menu? When i attended SUNY upstate in the late-'90's, my school had just in my senior year hired a couple of contractors in which Dunkin donuts, KFC and Taco Bell products was sold there after we the students complained:tup:. That was a big improvement over the not too good food service provider that its food was similar to what served in many pubic schools.

BMCC served mostly junk food. It didn't make sense to eat there since there was a McDonalds and Subway on Chambers Street (there's also a Taco Bell, but the food there makes me go to the bathroom). I only ate at the BMCC cafeteria once, when it was pouring raining.

The food at City College was decent but not great. My favorite meal was the pasta. I usually had that with chicken fingers. Sometimes I had bowls of Frosted Flakes or Frosted Mini Wheats as a snack. I ballooned to 222 pounds (I'm currently 200).

When I was in high school I attended this summer course at NYU. That was the best food I've ever eaten (for $50,000 a year what else would you expect?).

had to look at the topic for a second lol...it contains salt?...that bland undercooked a** food has some sort of salt? It may sound a bit...retarded but IMO the school food is harming us more than making us healthy. I'm good with the snack machines for lunch, or bringing stuff from home or the store, or waiting till I get outside after. As for the kids that choose to eat that sh** though...they are some brave souls lol.

had to look at the topic for a second lol...it contains salt?...that bland undercooked a** food has some sort of salt? It may sound a bit...retarded but IMO the school food is harming us more than making us healthy. I'm good with the snack machines for lunch, or bringing stuff from home or the store, or waiting till I get outside after. As for the kids that choose to eat that sh** though...they are some brave souls lol.

LMAO. They maybe more brave in eating those lunches than the men and woman joining the US Marines lol.(joking):confused:

Archived