Whitlock Avenue And Morrison-Soundview Avenue Closing.

EE Broadway Local

Barring a change in plans, it looks like this will be the final week for photo ops and trainspotting at Whitlock Avenue until (nearly) Autumn. Whitlock and sister (6) station Morrison Avenue-Soundview are closing for rehabilitations:

(6)Morrison Av-Soundview And Whitlock Av Closed For Rehabilitations

All Times 5:00am Monday, February 8 until 5:00am Monday September 13, 2010

From the Morrison Av-Soundview and Whitlock Av stations, take the BX4 bus to travel to Elder Av (6) station or to the Simpson St (2)(5) station.

The bus ride is free from these stops.

Station BX4 Stops

Simpson Street (2)(5) Simpson St at Westchester Av

Whitlock Avenue (6) Whitlock Av at Westchester Av

Elder Avenue (6) Elder Av at Westchester Av

Morrison Avenue-Soundview (6) Morrison Av-Soundview at Westchester Av

NOTE: Between 12:01am and 5:00am, the BX4 operates every twenty minutes and only at these four stops.

And on a smaller scale:

(6)Pelham Bay Park-bound Trains Run Express From 3 Av/138 St to Hunt's Point Av

Late Night 12:01am to 5:00am Sat. and Mon.

12:01am to 7:00am Sun. February 6-8, 2010

For service to Brook, Cypress Avs, East 143, East 149 Sts, and Longwood Av, take the (6) to Hunts Point Av, and transfer to a Manhattan-bound (6)

For service from these stations, take a Manhattan-bound (6) to 3 Av/138 St and transfer to a Pelham Bay Park-bound (6).

EE's Note: During these same hours/days as the (6) Pelham Bay Park-bound express, the (6) is running in two sections: Pelham Bay Park to 125th Street and 125th Street to Brooklyn Bridge. Transfer at 125th Street to continue your trip on the (6).

Im so there Soundviews and Whitlock, this week. The t/a should of added the Bx27 since it goes there..

Soundviews is like 2-3 blocks from Elder station, people who live near Whitlock during late nights may need to ether get off at Elder and cross the NEC on Westchester Avenue or for going to the Pelham or walk like 4-7 blocks to the Simpson Street WPR Station. Saidly no late night buses are provided, and they cant even extend the Bx27 during afterhours =(!

As for the (6) split, i wonder if the t/a will relay at the (6) at 138th street/Mott haven in the Jerome. If it does, i can grab me a vid!

Im so there Soundviews and Whitlock, this week. The t/a should of added the Bx27 since it goes there..

Soundviews is like 2-3 blocks from Elder station, people who live near Whitlock during late nights may need to ether get off at Elder and cross the NEC on Westchester Avenue or for going to the Pelham or walk like 4-7 blocks to the Simpson Street WPR Station. Saidly no late night buses are provided, and they cant even extend the Bx27 during afterhours =(!

As for the (6) split, i wonder if the t/a will relay at the (6) at 138th street/Mott haven in the Jerome. If it does, i can grab me a vid!

Dumb question. Will these 2 stations be upgraded for ADA accessible?

Archived