0055 at JFK Depot

JubaionBx12+SBS

Dispatchers and depot personnel (ie. Bus Operators & workers) are last to know about these things before they actually happen....Gotta speak with the depot superintendents....

Exactly. And it's not even new buses coming to the garage, it's just a demo. But like I said, we'll see where it ends up in a month......

Incorrect. The LFS that was tested was in 1998, the ones we have for B&T were from the CTA.

No, you incorrect also, the 2 B&T buses were never built to CTA specs and never piggyback from CTA order. MTA B&T order these. It happens that MTA B&T chooses a similar paint scheme on CTA.

No, you incorrect also, the 2 B&T buses were never built to CTA specs and never piggyback from CTA order. MTA B&T order these. It happens that MTA B&T chooses a similar paint scheme on CTA.

Nope, these buses WERE built to CTA Specifications. 956 and 957 were demos for the CTA until they made their way here.

Nope, these buses WERE built to CTA Specifications. 956 an 957 were demos for the CTA until they made their way here.

No, they were never built into CTA specs. They were never a demo bus for CTA. MTA's is 2001. CTA's first Nova LFS is 2000. Look at the powertrain from MTA's and CTA's. MTA's is Cummins ISC and Allison B-400R WTEC. CTA's Cummins ISC and ZF 5HP552C. The air condition unit is different between the buses. The top tailpipe is different between each other. The paint scheme is almost the same but slightly different due to the color texture. The driver mirrors is also different. The list goes on and on.

No, they were never built into CTA specs. They were never a demo bus for CTA. MTA's is 2001. CTA's first Nova LFS is 2000. Look at the powertrain from MTA's and CTA's. MTA's is Cummins ISC and Allison B-400R WTEC. CTA's Cummins ISC and ZF 5HP552C. The air condition unit is different between the buses. The top tailpipe is different between each other. The paint scheme is almost the same but slightly different due to the color texture. The driver mirrors is also different. The list goes on and on.

Sigh, let me break this down for you

In 2000, the CTA received their first 150 LFSs, in 2001, they received another 200+ LFSs with two demos prior to delivery, those buses came with that very same transmission, however, those demos went to the MTA for B&T service.

The MTA changed some of the cosmetic & internal specs to their own specifications, changed the powertrain from ISC/ZF to ISC/B-400R WTEC because Michael J Quill has no parts for ZF transmission so why bother? The MTA changes whatever they receive to their own specifications.

Again, 956 and 957 were two DEMOS for the CTA.

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Nova_Bus_LFS#Demonstrator_and_engineering_units

Sigh, let me break this down for you

In 2000, the CTA received their first 150 LFSs, in 2001, they received another 200+ LFSs with two demos prior to delivery, those buses came with that very same transmission, however, those demos went to the MTA for B&T service.

The MTA changed some of the cosmetic & internal specs to their own specifications, changed the powertrain from ISC/ZF to ISC/B-400R WTEC because Michael J Quill has no parts for ZF transmission so why bother? The MTA changes whatever they receive to their own specifications.

Again, 956 and 957 were two DEMOS for the CTA.

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Nova_Bus_LFS#Demonstrator_and_engineering_units

CTA demo was in 2000, 1 unit: "A prototype bus was delivered in January 2000" http://www.chicagobus.org/bus/6400 ; http://m.transitchicago.com/news/default.aspx?Archive=y&pg=101&ArticleId=1855

You keep saying its CTA spec units which is not. The next post (later tonight), I will provided SIGNIFICANT photographic evidence that these are not the same buses.

That is BS, MTA bus fleet has ZF transmissions at that time.

The link you posted is fishy....

- Under notes: "Rear part of one used for LFS Artic prototype".... None of the B&T units show that.

CTA demo was in 2000, 1 unit: "A prototype bus was delivered in January 2000" http://www.chicagobus.org/bus/6400 ; http://m.transitchicago.com/news/default.aspx?Archive=y&pg=101&ArticleId=1855

You keep saying its CTA spec units which is not. The next post (later tonight), I will provided SIGNIFICANT photographic evidence that these are not the same buses.

That is BS, MTA bus fleet has ZF transmissions at that time.

The link you posted is fishy....

- Under notes: "Rear part of one used for LFS Artic prototype".... None of the B&T units show that.

Jesus.....you obviously didnt read between the lines

These LFSs are STORED at MJQ depot, MJQ has NO PARTS for ZF transmission, Flatbush & Ulmer Park have those parts, MJQ does not. As for the changes, the MTA can make changes to the bus to their OWN LIKING, they do NOT keep it the same way as it was from another company, thats why when the Vikings came into the city from Houston, they made some changes to the bus.

http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Bus_models_used_in_New_York_City_Transit_and_MTA_Bus

"These two buses were built to Chicago Transit Authority specifications for MTA Bridges & Tunnels These two buses saw service out of Michael J. Quill Depot in Manhattan. Both buses have been transferred to MTA Bridges and Tunnels for employee shuttles. "

http://en.allexperts.com/e/b/bu/bus_models_used_in_new_york_city_transit_and_mta_bus.htm

"These two buses were ex-CTA unit demonstration buses. These two buses saw service out of Michael J. Quill Bus Depot in Manhattan. Both buses have been transferred to MTA Bridges and Tunnels for employee shuttles."

http://forum.chicagobus.org/topic/1528-weird-photos/page__p__20320__hl__NovaBus%20LFS%20Demo__fromsearch__1entry20320

Check post 17.

As for that rear part of one used for LFS Artic prototype, they used that design for their LFS Artic prototype which was this

And as for your photo proof, of course you can tell the differences between this,

Courtesy of Trevor Logan Jr. & TTMG MTABT_Nova_957.jpg

and this, Courtesy of Chicagobus.org

6740.jpg

But like I said, the MTA changes things to their own specifications.

Where to begin since you are WRONG.

Oh Cat Sith, you have lots LOTS of CREDITABLITY ISSUES ! Yes LOTS of them.

First of all, you 20 years old, you probably in college and graduated high school already?

Do your teachers / professors tells YOU to DO NOT CITE “Wikipedia” as your reliable source?

You using two sources that these Wikipedia related sites took from Wikipedia main cite on the older article pages. They are not the recent edits and they are not accurate.

This is why New York City Transit Forums is notorious for making things up.

These LFSs are STORED at MJQ depot, MJQ has NO PARTS for ZF transmission, Flatbush & Ulmer Park have those parts, MJQ does not. As for the changes, the MTA can make changes to the bus to their OWN LIKING, they do NOT keep it the same way as it was from another company, thats why when the Vikings came into the city from Houston, they made some changes to the bus. http://metro.wikia.com/wiki/Bus_models_used_in_New_York_City_Transit_and_MTA_Bus

The 2001 LFS buses don’t stored at MJQ depot. They were never saw service at neither MJQ routes nor any NYCT bus routes. MJQ can ask other depots to get ZF parts. Plus they don’t have DD40 engines.

The Vikings are not related to the discussion. MTA order from New Flyer directly even though that the buses are Houston Metro spec.

Again, That link you source has full of errors and it came from an older edit in the older article of Wikipedia. For example on that link “1998 Nova RTS hybrid; 1st hybrid test NYCT bus” which is WRONG, The RTS hybrid is a 1997; The first hybrid was a three axel Orion VI hybrid in 1996.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These two buses were built to Chicago Transit Authority specifications for MTA Bridges & Tunnels These two buses saw service out of Michael J. Quill Depot in Manhattan. Both buses have been transferred to MTA Bridges and Tunnels for employee shuttles.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/b/bu/bus_models_used_in_new_york_city_transit_and_mta_bus.htm

Once again, you using a related older Wikipedia article version which is unsource and full of errors. It is the same thing, different wording from above.

Very bad sources…. Here is older version example from Wikipedia in 2006 site: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_bus_fleet&oldid=60105748

Some of these sources were coming from the old SubTalk/BusTalk site and earlier 2000s transit fan site that was COPIED without source to the Wikipedia site which some info was WRONG!

Should I stop here, oh wait…. You have more:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These two buses were ex-CTA unit demonstration buses. These two buses saw service out of Michael J. Quill Bus Depot in Manhattan. Both buses have been transferred to MTA Bridges and Tunnels for employee shuttles.

http://forum.chicagobus.org/topic/1528-weird-photos/page__p__20320__hl__NovaBus%20LFS%20Demo__fromsearch__1entry20320

Once again, MJQ and NYCT did not have the 956-957 LFS bus at all. MTA B&T have them all time. BTW, they don’t use NYCT numbers. 956-957 is C40LF numbers. These were never piggybacked from CTA. The post #17 links to ttmg wiki which it doesn’t say ex-CTA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for that rear part of one used for LFS Artic prototype, they used that design for their LFS Artic prototype which was this (Youtube clip)

Ummm, that could be any demo Nova artic buses….. That is still doesn’t hold anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah….. the photos. You say it is the “same”. I say NO, they are very different….

Besides the obvious…. MTA logo, red painted rims instead of silver. You only showed the driver side; YET I NOTICED something different, plus what about the driver’s Right side there you can see it is NOT CTA spec.

Lets play Blues Clues… transit style….

1. The NOSE OF LFS bus.

CTA:

6408.jpg

MTA B&T:

957.jpg

Other then lack of electronic destination sign, bike racks

The difference: THE Driver’s RIGHT side mirror location, The RED LINE: (MTA’s is shorter and has a white space between the bumper and the red line; other then CTA’s where it filled all the way down to the bumper, THE BUMPER very different, There is NO Gray Cap (below the yellow flasher on the Driver’s left side on CTA --- MTA has it, THE A/C unit is different spec…. MTA uses Carrier; CTA uses Thermo King.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2. The Driver’s RIGHT side of LFS Bus

CTA (with out ad placement):

6421.jpg

better pic (w/ ads on placement):

6802.jpg

MTA B&T:

957-2.jpg

The DIFFERENCE: The speakers… MTA is squared and CTA is circle, The Gray color does not matches each other, MTA has a black strip on the body while CTA don’t, MTA front doors does not match CTA’s doors, So does the rear doors where MTA has glass top to bottom while CTA has no glass on the bottom other then the paint scheme continues to stretch around the bus, MTA B&T logo next to the blue stripe angle downward does not matches with CTA logo and blue strip angle upward, CTA has a door panel on the third window has it but MTA does not have, MTA has a door panel towards the end of the rear while CTA does not have, CTA has a gray door panels located left of the rear wheel has it while MTA don’t. MTA has a red light circle at the back, while CTA has square.

3. The Driver’s LEFT side of LFS bus

CTA:

6740.jpg

MTA B&T:

MTABT_Nova_957.jpg

The Difference: MTA has a black strip, CTA don’t, The Grey color is different, AC unit is different, On top of the drivers window: MTA has white circle that is visible and CTA doesn’t, The top lights are different, the tailpipe is different.

4. The REAR side of LFS bus

CTA:

6429.jpg

MTA B&T:

957-3.jpg

Other than the camera that MTA has and CTA’s rear route display…

There is a DIFFERENCE: CTA and MTA tailpipe on top is different, The middle section: CTA has 1 red light --- MTA has 3 red lights, CTA has 1 yellow lights – 2 red lights on each side //// MTA has 2 yellows and 2 red lights each side.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5. Internal specs:

MTA's has Cummins ISC and Allison B-400R WTEC. CTA's has Cummins ISC and ZF 5HP552C.

MTA and CTA have same scheme but different. They don’t have the same spec. MJQ did not house them nor run them nor NYCT run them. Stop making things up and don’t use Wikipedia to back things up like you just did.

Sigh....once again you fail to read what I said again.....and you also just proved that the possible changes done to the buses were TRUE, like I said, whatever the mta receives, they change them to their own specifications, cosmetically and internally....

if thats true, then explain the half-assed job with the ex-bee line O5's.

Actually. I was wrong about the lfs. Upon receiving further information, i was told that these WERE built fresh. My apologies. As for the orions. I don't know all about that but a small few have lost their silver rims. There is a vid on YouTube with one without the rims. Look for busmasterq44 on YouTube and you'll see it somewhere in his profile

Sigh....once again you fail to read what I said again.....and you also just proved that the possible changes done to the buses were TRUE, like I said, whatever the mta receives, they change them to their own specifications, cosmetically and internally....and mjq does store these buses. How do I know? I've actually seen 956 leave the depot and go up the west side highway.

You just did it again, MTA B&T order directly to Nova and it does not have to do with CTA specs. How would MTA change when its cheaper to order to them with a bus.

But, You quoted the Wikipedia look alike source that MJQ runs the 2001 Nova LFS on Manhattan bus routes and service at MJQ which they dont. The Nova LFS can parked at any depot in which who cares. Hell, I once saw the B&T parked inside the 126 ST Depot. They do not belong to NYCT fleet; its B&T.

Actually. I was wrong about the lfs. Upon receiving further information, i was told that these WERE built fresh. My apologies. As for the orions. I don't know all about that but a small few have lost their silver rims. There is a vid on YouTube with one without the rims. Look for busmasterq44 on YouTube and you'll see it somewhere in his profile

Read this. And I said that the buses were stored there but I guess they dont. They never ran in passenger service. But those buses go to many depots that are nearby major bridges and tunnels. I have seen them on the triboro a lot lately and once near the Brooklyn battery tunnel. Since this mess is done with because of my inconvenience, let's get this back on topic and focus on 0055, its sightings and whatnot.

Archived