More trains arrived

DOB2RTO

One good thing about being back at Kingsbridge Depot, is I get to see the trains arrive to 207st shop (back entrance), when I pull in my assigned bus at the end of my shift.

1. In Yonkers, I seen 8897 (IIRC), from Warburton Ave. It was still in the "saki" plant, yard area.

2. The three trains I seen tonight by the numbers that were on them, must be the Alstom. The numbers were 8441, 8442, and 8443. There were 3 rigs, with the cars on them. :confused: I though these cars were already in the system?

I would of took pics, but my camera phone sucks with night shots, and with those 3 trucks blocking alot of the road, me stopping a 60ft bus there would of been really bad. Besides when it's time to go home, it's time to go home, especially when there is a ramp line to get into the depot.

We got T/O's and C/R's assigned to New Car Delievery but need personal because of retirements and to cover the added jobs starting in June.

Hopefully this pick will even better!!

I like the Siemens trains a bit more than the Alstom Trains when i work on the(N)ovember, but the braking is a bit different between the trains.

The Siemens trains they slide a little so you have to grab a bit bigger brake or there goes that Stop Car Maker....

Right past your window.....

8912 is in service now on the (N)ovember so more techs for me to operate...

Hopefully this pick will even better!!

I like the Siemens trains a bit more than the Alstom Trains when i work on the(N)ovember, but the braking is a bit different between the trains.

The Siemens trains they slide a little so you have to grab a bit bigger brake or there goes that Stop Car Maker....

Right past your window.....

8912 is in service now on the (N)ovember so more techs for me to operate...

I've noticed that when I'm on a Siemens set.

But there are good T/Os out there on the (N) that always manage to stop the train damn good and fly into the station at a very fast pace of speed.

• 3 weeks later...
Another 3 are in. As usual only could get the 2 I passed, but a 3rd was at the foot of 215st. The 2 #'s I got were 8461 and 8462. So the 3rd was 8460 or 8463. Asstom of musky France (aka Alstom) is finally getting things moving........

You know what ... i think i saw these trains on the way to 207. i live in Washington Hts and i was on 181 late when i saw the wide load tractor Carring these trains.. i believe the tracks get off I95 @ amsterdam and ride up 181 st to Broadway and make that right down to 207 st.. i see this a lot.:eek:

Word is MTA might buy out last order of R-160B's so get ready!!! All R-160A's options are already bought in order to get service going on the (J) and (M) Full time. So with more R-160B's we can see the (Q)(W) and possible (A) getting 160B!! Also all R-160B from here on out will have Semiens Propulsion. So now u'll be hearing more sweet sound at a station near you.

You know what ... i think i saw these trains on the way to 207. i live in Washington Hts and i was on 181 late when i saw the wide load tractor Carring these trains.. i believe the tracks get off I95 @ amsterdam and ride up 181 st to Broadway and make that right down to 207 st.. i see this a lot.:eek:

Actually they bring them in at 215st. That is where they are parked, facing eastbound, and we use that road to deadhead to Kingsbridge Depot. They go up B'way to 215st, then turn right......From the Bridge if they use the upper leve (they have no choice), they would get off at the HHP'way/B'way exit, then just turn left onto B'way. I think those trucks could not make the Amsterdam curve from the bridge. When they brought in the Kawasaki trains, the trucks had to use the oncoming traffic lane/side of University Ave., to turn right onto 181st Bridge. That is how much room they need.....

Word is MTA might buy out last order of R-160B's so get ready!!! All R-160A's options are already bought in order to get service going on the (J) and (M) Full time. So with more R-160B's we can see the (Q)(W) and possible (A) getting 160B!! Also all R-160B from here on out will have Semiens Propulsion. So now u'll be hearing more sweet sound at a station near you.

Bad news for us railfan window lovers....

So with more R-160B's we can see the (Q)(W) and possible (A) getting 160B!! Also all R-160B from here on out will have Semiens Propulsion. So now u'll be hearing more sweet sound at a station near you.

Here let me help you out with something..

The (W)iskey will be getting the rest of the R160B's out there and after a while Ditmars will be an entire R160 terminal so if either the (N)ovember or the (W)iskey is jacked up there will no need to change signs on any SMEE equipment, becasue there wont be any there at all.

Now for that (A)pple..

There will be no R160's on that Line whatsoever, None, Zip Zero, due to some kind of clearance issue and power problems out in the Rockaways...

Now maybe the R179's will be a possibility...

Maybe...

Remember 8653 was on the (A)pple when it 1st came out see its not there any more right?

Its on the (N)ovember now...

Here let me help you out with something..

The (W)iskey will be getting the rest of the R160B's out there and after a while Ditmars will be an entire R160 terminal so if either the (N)ovember or the (W)iskey is jacked up there will no need to change signs on any SMEE equipment, becasue there wont be any there at all.

Now for that (A)pple..

There will be no R160's on that Line whatsoever, None, Zip Zero, due to some kind of clearance issue and power problems out in the Rockaways...

Now maybe the R179's will be a possibility...

Maybe...

Remember 8653 was on the (A)pple when it 1st came out see its not there any more right?

Its on the (N)ovember now...

So the (N)ipple will be ruled by 160B(eauties)...........

Archived